Garuda 410 2 Aug No J Cabin?

Old Jul 22, 19, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG
Garuda 410 2 Aug No J Cabin?

I'm flying GA (flight 410 CGK-DPS) on Aug 2. I was considering booking J, but not only is J not for sale, it doesn't look like it was offered at all. Looking at Expertflyer, I see J9 for this flight every other day, but on Aug 2 it starts with "Y9". Any idea why they would block off the J cabin?
Old Jul 23, 19, 8:12 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Yep - it's not just full or blocked from sale, it's saying it doesn't exist.

Of course it does, but I would suspect the cabin has been chartered in full. Perhaps governmental?
Old Jul 23, 19, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Sam Bee View Post
Yep - it's not just full or blocked from sale, it's saying it doesn't exist.

Of course it does, but I would suspect the cabin has been chartered in full. Perhaps governmental?
I was thinking the same thing. I emailed Garuda under the pretext of, ďwill any upgrades be available on the day of departure?Ē Their response wasnít exactly helpful:

ĒResponding to your email, we would like to inform if we check seat that available for flight Jakarta to Denpasar on 02nd August 2019 using GA410 is economy class.Ē

Whatever it is, I hope it doesnít cause delays. Iím sitting a few rows behind the J cabin, so Iíll report back next week.
Old Jul 23, 19, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC, QR Privilege, Oman Sindbad, Tufty Club.
Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu View Post
I'm flying GA (flight 410 CGK-DPS) on Aug 2. I was considering booking J, but not only is J not for sale, it doesn't look like it was offered at all. Looking at Expertflyer, I see J9 for this flight every other day, but on Aug 2 it starts with "Y9". Any idea why they would block off the J cabin?
No business class showing, because there is no business class on that dayís flight. Welcome to the delights of an economy only A330-300. Letís hope it ainít full or it will be you and a scrum of 359 other economy passengers
Old Jul 23, 19, 11:03 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by editionsofyou View Post

No business class showing, because there is no business class on that dayís flight. Welcome to the delights of an economy only A330-300. Letís hope it ainít full or it will be you and a scrum of 359 other economy passengers
Ah! it's the end of Haj season isn't it? I assume (correct me if i'm wrong) it's not a permanent arrangement?

I see it here:
Old Jul 23, 19, 12:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by editionsofyou View Post

That's why I come here, thanks! 16 out of 361 seats are currently chosen, so I doubt it will be very full.
Old Jul 25, 19, 8:00 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by lax.sea.jnu View Post
That's why I come here, thanks! 16 out of 361 seats are currently chosen, so I doubt it will be very full.
A friday CGK-DPS flight? Will most likely be full.
Old Jul 25, 19, 10:36 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by indo79 View Post

A friday CGK-DPS flight? Will most likely be full.
I suppose with Garuda only selling Y fares on this route, there is no incentive to buy early. Next week's GA 410 is Y9 with an empty seat map, tomorrow's GA 410 is Y0 with a full seat map.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: