Wiki Posts
Search

Hainan Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2019, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: most
Hainan Airlines

Just cancelled our points booking with SQ (MEL-CPH) for some cash flights in I with HU (MEL- FCO) AU$3600 pp (note some are still available at $3300 in Oct/ Nov 19 - flight deals post) Booked at Flight Centre (Aus) cause I haven’t had any experience with HU website ( kudos to flight centre - dropped a couple of $1000 to price match)
OK valid ticket numbers and PRN, but the HU website “will only allow bookings made on the their web site to be managed on their website” ticket numbers and PRN return errors
#SO, I asked Flight Centre to allocate seat via Sabre. I have rung the airline and had either communication breakdown or phone menus that wander off into Chinese from English.
The Soft product is reportedly very good , my question is anyone have any experience with these issues or any ideas as to how I can arrange my Limo transfers and have a shot at arranging a meal?
Thx DT
Old Jul 3, 2019, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by datexan
Just cancelled our points booking with SQ (MEL-CPH) for some cash flights in I with HU (MEL- FCO) AU$3600 pp (note some are still available at $3300 in Oct/ Nov 19 - flight deals post) Booked at Flight Centre (Aus) cause I haven’t had any experience with HU website ( kudos to flight centre - dropped a couple of $1000 to price match)
OK valid ticket numbers and PRN, but the HU website “will only allow bookings made on the their web site to be managed on their website” ticket numbers and PRN return errors
#SO, I asked Flight Centre to allocate seat via Sabre. I have rung the airline and had either communication breakdown or phone menus that wander off into Chinese from English.
The Soft product is reportedly very good , my question is anyone have any experience with these issues or any ideas as to how I can arrange my Limo transfers and have a shot at arranging a meal?
Thx DT
It's not uncommon for Chinese airlines to only handle manage booking functionality if you have booked directly on their website. Air China is a major carrier that has this same procedure.

The Australian office contact goes through to their Chinese call centre, but there is a number for Auckland, NZ. Perhaps give them a call there? Alternatively I find email very reliable for Chinese carriers, even when communicating via the call centre has been problematic, emails have been responded to pretty quickly and with a good grasp of the issue.

From the looks of it the hainan site looks pretty easy to use? While it would have given you more flexibilityin terms of managing your booking, I guess going through Flight Centre will save having to call China in the event of any schedule changes.
datexan likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2019, 11:43 pm

Programs: AA Plat, AS Gold 75k, Marriott Titanium, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by datexan
#SO , I asked Flight Centre to allocate seat via Sabre. I have rung the airline and had either communication breakdown or phone menus that wander off into Chinese from English.
Thx DT
For the limo service, if you email them, you should be able to set it up. Try this link and scroll down on how to make a reservation. I just made my first reservation with them in I class and will be flying out next week. I had a few issues with the online tool as well. I had to call in, the English service was rather poor (luckily, I speak Chinese). Agent confirmed you can't change/view your reservations on their online system. I booked through a corporate travel tool (Concur) and was able to change and pick my seats from there so I had no issues really.

https://www.hainanairlines.com/US/US/Limo-service
datexan likes this.
Old Jul 5, 2019, 1:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
It's not uncommon for Chinese airlines to only handle manage booking functionality if you have booked directly on their website. Air China is a major carrier that has this same procedure.

The Australian office contact goes through to their Chinese call centre, but there is a number for Auckland, NZ. Perhaps give them a call there? Alternatively I find email very reliable for Chinese carriers, even when communicating via the call centre has been problematic, emails have been responded to pretty quickly and with a good grasp of the issue.

From the looks of it the hainan site looks pretty easy to use? While it would have given you more flexibilityin terms of managing your booking, I guess going through Flight Centre will save having to call China in the event of any schedule changes.
Like many companies with predominantly Chinese customer demographics, they are even more on top of WeChat for customer service.
datexan likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: most
Thx for the feedback peeps
Old Jul 16, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: Qantas (Lifetime Gold), PAL (Elite), British Airways (now sadly blue), Cathay MPO DM
I flew Hainan in Businesss class a few months back. Excellent product. I didnt know about the limo until I read it in the in-flight magazine - I sent then an email AS I WAS BOARDING my return flight and they sorted it all out and the driver was waiting when I landed. Excellent service (it says you have to book days in advance).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.