Philippine Airlines from YYZ to SGN - Connections

Old Jun 29, 19, 1:10 pm
Original Poster

Philippine Airlines from YYZ to SGN - Connections

Hi all,

I know this question has been asked before but posts I have seen so far are not too recent. I have a flight on Philippine Airlines from Toronto to Vietnam.
Leaving YYZ at 11:30pm to arrive in MNL at 3:50am then leave MNL at 6:55 am to arrive at 8:30 am in SGN. Giving me a 3 hour connection time to make it from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 in MNL.

Heading back, I also leave SGN at 9:30 am to arrive in MNL at 1:20 pm. Then leave MNL at 4:55 am to arrive back at YYZ at 8:00 pm. Giving me 3.5 hours connection time. Changing from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1

I read the horror stories so I am a bit worried I won't be able to make it if they run late 30 mins or maybe more. Maybe at 4 am it will be easier to grab a shuttle but for when I arrive at 1:20 pm, I am concerned it will be packed. Should I just yellow taxi cab for that route? Would the Philippine airline staff be able to assist me in rebooking a flight without a charge if delay was on their end? Also, wondering if I should check in luggage or not due to the time constraint.

I know MNL has been rated more positively recently from before and also wondering if anyone recently had a better experience.

Thank you in advance.
Old Jun 30, 19, 1:24 am

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Elite, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
If all on one ticket it is their responsibility to get you to final destination and should 'rebook you' - if on separate ticket the risk of misconnect is yours and you may/may not be helped.

Isn't there an airside transfer provided by PAL?
Old Jul 4, 19, 2:52 pm

Programs: DL Skymiles KE Skypass
Originally Posted by prettytravels View Post
Hi all,

I know this question has been asked before but posts I have seen so far are not too recent. I have a flight on Philippine Airlines from Toronto to Vietnam.
Leaving YYZ at 11:30pm to arrive in MNL at 3:50am then leave MNL at 6:55 am to arrive at 8:30 am in SGN. Giving me a 3 hour connection time to make it from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 in MNL.

Heading back, I also leave SGN at 9:30 am to arrive in MNL at 1:20 pm. Then leave MNL at 4:55 am to arrive back at YYZ at 8:00 pm. Giving me 3.5 hours connection time. Changing from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1

I read the horror stories so I am a bit worried I won't be able to make it if they run late 30 mins or maybe more. Maybe at 4 am it will be easier to grab a shuttle but for when I arrive at 1:20 pm, I am concerned it will be packed. Should I just yellow taxi cab for that route? Would the Philippine airline staff be able to assist me in rebooking a flight without a charge if delay was on their end? Also, wondering if I should check in luggage or not due to the time constraint.

I know MNL has been rated more positively recently from before and also wondering if anyone recently had a better experience.

Thank you in advance.
Your connection times don't match up when returning if you are arriving in the afternoon, but leaving in the AM I know you mean 16:55.

I recently flew PAL JFK to MNL in March with the flight arriving at 8am after a 2 hour departure delay due to incoming flight's late arrival. There is a FREE shuttle bus between terminals. I was transiting to CEBgo at T-4 and it took 10 minutes between terminals after stopping at T-2 first. You should have no problem from Canada.

I am told that the round trip usually takes an hour T-1 to T-1 with the route T-1, T-2, T-4, T-3, then back to T-1. So going home should not be a problem either if you are not stopped for immigration/customs on your arrival from Vietnam.

Search this Thread