FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   How to book China Southern JFK-CAN Premium Economy as AA codeshare? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1975037-how-book-china-southern-jfk-can-premium-economy-aa-codeshare.html)

potfish Jun 21, 2019 2:49 pm

How to book China Southern JFK-CAN Premium Economy as AA codeshare?

Anyone know how to do this?
I want to book as AA codeshare so I'll get the EQMs for my AA account. Trying to book through AA.com shows no availability for my choice of flight in Premium Economy, although other sites with CZ flight numbers show there's plenty of seats left.
Thanks

Mwenenzi Jun 21, 2019 3:16 pm

Originally Posted by potfish (Post 31226798)
Anyone know how to do this?
I want to book as AA codeshare so I'll get the EQMs for my AA account. Trying to book through AA.com shows no availability for my choice of flight in Premium Economy, although other sites with CZ flight numbers show there's plenty of seats left.
Thanks

Does the AA web site show AA marketed flights on other days and/or other classes?
Codeshares can be problematic.
AA may not offer PE or have sold out the AA allocation/seats in the codeshare arrangement. Starting the trip at JFK?

potfish Jun 21, 2019 5:59 pm

Now I'm confused. From work, it took me to an Amadeus site with aa in the subdomain (which I did think was odd) and I could see economy and business on the direct JFK-CAN flights with AA flight numbers, but the premium economy had no price against it.

Now I'm at home and trying to do the same thing, it's staying on AA.com, offering me Main Cabin for double the price of earlier today, no Prem Econ and business on one of the two flights of the day (July 14, FWIW).

I'll probably start my journey from JFK, but if there's a reason to I can start from BOS. I'll want to get back to BOS in the end anyway.

If I search BOS-CAN it only has 2-stop options, no BOS-JFK-CAN.

travelinmanS Jun 22, 2019 8:46 am

Even if you can book the code share, it’s going to be significantly more expensive than the CZ coded flight. AA status isn’t worth more than a pile of crap these days. Save your money and pay for what you need when you fly AA. You’ll come out ahead.

Mwenenzi Jun 22, 2019 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by potfish (Post 31227224)
Now I'm confused. From work, it took me to an Amadeus site with aa in the subdomain (which I did think was odd) and I could see economy and business on the direct JFK-CAN flights with AA flight numbers, but the premium economy had no price against it..

So AA are not offering PE on the codeshare.
AA have limited routes/aircaft with PE, so guessing this is carrying across to CZ (not selling)
Have you tried phoning AA?

potfish Jun 24, 2019 7:17 am

Originally Posted by travelinmanS (Post 31228512)
AA status isn’t worth more than a pile of crap these days. Save your money and pay for what you need when you fly AA. You’ll come out ahead.

I don't share that opinion but everyone's looking for different things. I'm not sure anyone else's plan would serve me better.

Originally Posted by Mwenenzi (Post 31230231)
So AA are not offering PE on the codeshare.
AA have limited routes/aircaft with PE, so guessing this is carrying across to CZ (not selling)
Have you tried phoning AA?

Not yet. Looks like my travel plans are uncertain again so once it settles down I'll call and report back.

Thanks