PK - Woman opens exit door instead of toilet.

Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
PK - Woman opens exit door instead of toilet.

Not sure if this is the right place and I haven’t seen it posted yet after a cursory search but a woman on PK702 from MAN-ISB opened an exit door rather than the door to the lav, activating the emergency slide.

”A flight from Manchester was delayed by almost eight hours after a passenger mistakenly opened an emergency exit instead of the toilet door.

Pakistan International Airlines‘ (PIA) flight PK702 was ready for an on-time departure to Islamabad at 9.20pm on Friday 7 June. The doors were “armed,” the mode in which the emergency evacuation slide is deployed as soon as a door is opened.

Even though the seatbelt signs were on, a female passenger decided to use the toilet. But she mistakenly opened door L5, at the rear of the aircraft on the left-hand side, rather than the adjacent toilet door.

Cabin crew would normally be seated at the emergency exit. It is not clear why they were unable to prevent the incident.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-a8951606.html
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Why do 97% of all worldwide misbehaving-passenger situations involve Manchester? Granted, this one wasn't an enraged drunken spree, but I'm guessing that the passenger who gets up to pee while the plane is taxiing and "accidentally" pops the slide probably isn't on Beer #1 .

When you walk into MAN, do they just start handing you shots of tequila or something?
ajGoes, Deltus and nancypants like this.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 2:43 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Please continue to follow this thread in the Other Asian Airlines Forum
Thanks..
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Jun 11, 2019, 7:13 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
I'll remember this the next time my wife complains that men never put the toilet seat down!
ps107 likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
The galley would have been easier.
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:01 am

Programs: QF WP
Originally Posted by pinniped
Why do 97% of all worldwide misbehaving-passenger situations involve Manchester? Granted, this one wasn't an enraged drunken spree, but I'm guessing that the passenger who gets up to pee while the plane is taxiing and "accidentally" pops the slide probably isn't on Beer #1 .

When you walk into MAN, do they just start handing you shots of tequila or something?
im putting it out there that a passenger, especially a female, on a PIA flight especially from Manchester has probably not been imbibing

id mark this down as more totally befuddled by modern technology, planes etc more along the lines of hajjis lighting barbecues on nationair flights ex JED c1990s
Old Jun 13, 2019, 7:15 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by nancypants

im putting it out there that a passenger, especially a female, on a PIA flight especially from Manchester has probably not been imbibing

id mark this down as more totally befuddled by modern technology, planes etc more along the lines of hajjis lighting barbecues on nationair flights ex JED c1990s
Well, you have the PIA factor and the possibility that this person simply does not consume alcohol at all....against whatever weird supernatural forces seem to be in play in the Manchester Airport that cause all of these drunken incidents.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by 84fiero
I'll remember this the next time my wife complains that men never put the toilet seat down!
The toilet lid is DESIGNED to be closed when you flush the toilet lest fecal particles be thrown into the air. It's funny how so many people think that the lid is cosmetic.
nancypants likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
I remember on a flight from DXB to MLE when Balkan Bulgarian Airlines was around, they started operating A320 on this sector. It was way before 9/11 and it was all economy. An elderly lady asked me where the toilet was. I pointed to the front of the cabin. She went and came back very soon and said there was no toilet but two men playing computer games.
Old Jun 20, 2019, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Finkface

Cabin crew would normally be seated at the emergency exit. It is not clear why they were unable to prevent the incident.
The cabin crew must have been mesmerized from watching it, like, "woow, she is actually going for it"...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.