FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   Cebu Pacific Website glitch (messed up my tix) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1973197-cebu-pacific-website-glitch-messed-up-my-tix.html)

lovefly88 Jun 8, 2019 7:09 pm

Cebu Pacific Website glitch (messed up my tix)

Booked two tickets on Cebu Pacific tonight. Flying to MNL on a Tuesday night. Double checked for accuracy before clicking payment. When I open my email the ticket is for the following day.
I called Cebu up and they said they will waive the rebooking fee but charge fare difference if 121 HKD ($15 USD). I知 all about principle of the matter, while $15 is not a big deal, why should I pay $15 for their mistake?. Spent nearly 2 hours on the phone talking to different agents and they said there痴 nothing can be done unless I have screen shots. I asked why would I take a screen shot of a regular ticket I知 purchasing and the agent said the website has lots of problems so always should.
Recommended I fill out complaint form and they may solve it. I did. We値l see what happens. If not, I plan to initiate a chargeback. It would basically be my word against theories though.
Any thoughts?

cowie Jun 8, 2019 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by lovefly88 (Post 31183947)
Booked two tickets on Cebu Pacific tonight. Flying to MNL on a Tuesday night. Double checked for accuracy before clicking payment. When I open my email the ticket is for the following day.
I called Cebu up and they said they will waive the rebooking fee but charge fare difference if 121 HKD ($15 USD). I知 all about principle of the matter, while $15 is not a big deal, why should I pay $15 for their mistake?. Spent nearly 2 hours on the phone talking to different agents and they said there痴 nothing can be done unless I have screen shots. I asked why would I take a screen shot of a regular ticket I知 purchasing and the agent said the website has lots of problems so always should.
Recommended I fill out complaint form and they may solve it. I did. We値l see what happens. If not, I plan to initiate a chargeback. It would basically be my word against theories though.
Any thoughts?

Which timezone are you in? Sounds awfully similar to this AirAsia bug... https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...customers.html

lovefly88 Jun 9, 2019 1:09 am

Originally Posted by cowie (Post 31184053)
Which timezone are you in? Sounds awfully similar to this AirAsia bug... https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/othe...customers.html

were in NY so Eastern Standard Time. I looked at the other thread and that seems exactly like this. The flight has a 10:05p departure time with a 12:20a arrival so that may be it.

Its insane that they can can get away with this. The woman said I only had 24 hours to decide if I was going to pay the 121 HKD or not. I値l call in 5 hours or so and then see what happens.

Thanks.

Fyd Jun 9, 2019 6:56 am

I have booked lots of tickets with CebuPac, never had any time zone issues.
i think the offer is very fair: they are offering you to book the fare you'd have to pay otherwise without penalty...
I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to offer you a fare from a different day then when you want to fly...

lovefly88 Jun 9, 2019 10:13 am

Originally Posted by Fyd (Post 31185015)
I have booked lots of tickets with CebuPac, never had any time zone issues.
i think the offer is very fair: they are offering you to book the fare you'd have to pay otherwise without penalty...
I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to offer you a fare from a different day then when you want to fly...

not fair at all. The price online is the same for both days. They say that through the call center they can稚 access those fares as online. I hope you never book a flight and then the company shifts you to a day ahead or behind. If so and then they want you to pay $15 to go to the correct date you booked for and paid for would you just say ok no problem that痴 fair?

jeffrocowboy Jun 13, 2019 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by lovefly88 (Post 31183947)
Any thoughts?

actually I routinely take screen shots - some airlines are slow to send through emails with bookings - and find it just as easy to do this as to note down the PRN etc.

As you note the issue now is it's your word against yours - unsolvable really (and of course they may just be thinking you actually made a mistake).