Search

Vietnam Airlines cancellation

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2019, 12:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Vietnam Airlines cancellation

Hi there!

I have a booking from BKK to NRT via HAN with VN airlines for the 27th of May.
My flight from BKK to HAN has been cancelled (VN618). I have been rebooked on flight VN614. This flight leaves earlier from BKK.

This leaves me with a layover of 6,5 hours in Hanoi. My travel agent isn't very helpful and says that VN only rebooks to VN, and this is the only option.
When I call VN they don't even want to help me out, they just send me back to the travel agent. (What's that kind of service actually? Usually I always deal directly with the airlines even though I booked through an OTA......)

What are my rights here? Should I be more stubborn and ask to be rebooked on an other SkyTeam carrier or so?
Old May 13, 2019, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Other than IRROPS on the day of travel, your TA, not VN should be handling a reroute if there is one to be had.

What better routing is there? Perhaps that is the starting point.
Old May 13, 2019, 5:44 pm

is the flight via SGN a possible option?
Old May 14, 2019, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
You are rescheduled on a flight that leaves 3h10 earlier, not a huge deal.
The only nonstop alternative would be TG or Air Asia (not attractive). I strongly doubt that they would reroute you on TG.
Old May 14, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by cheung.chunyuenc
is the flight via SGN a possible option?
This is the only suggestion I can imagine them agreeing to as you're on the only option that doesn't involve a different carrier, which I suspect isn't going to happen.

But try requesting this if you don't mind the red eye (which IS on an A350 though)

VN 606 BKK SGN 1930 2110
VN 300 SGN NRT 0005 0800
Old May 18, 2019, 12:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Forget it! VN is not going to rebook you AOL when there is a VN flight 3-4 hours earlier.

Either ask for a cancel/full refund and book elsewhere - or ask for flights via SGN.

Anyway, you need to deal with the TA. You purchased your ticket with the TA so that is your point of contact until day of departure. Next time book directly with the airlines, if you want to deal with the airlines rather than the TA in case of schedule changes.
Goldorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.