Does Jin Air have a transfer desk at Incheon Airport?

Old May 12, 19, 10:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Does Jin Air have a transfer desk at Incheon Airport?

I'm arriving tomorrow into Terminal 1 on Aeroflot. I leave 1 hour and 20 minutes later on Jin Air.

I thought I'd be able to print a boarding pass online, but I can't, because I'm American or because it's a one way ticket, I'm not sure.

Will there be a Jin Air transfer desk there or do I have clear immigration and re-check in, which would probably mean missing the flight?
Old May 13, 19, 12:17 pm

Programs: BAEC, Accor
You can contact the transfer desk to ask.

https://www.airport.kr/ap_cnt/en/trn/intro/intro.do
  • Telephone
    (Chinese) +82-32-741-0061
    (Japanese ) +82-32-741-0062
    [email protected]

Also note that you need to make your way from T2 to T1.
I think this looks very tight, I assume you don't have any check in luggage....

Good luck, and don't forgot to report back on your experience.
Old May 13, 19, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by plunet View Post
You can contact the transfer desk to ask.

https://www.airport.kr/ap_cnt/en/trn/intro/intro.do
  • Telephone
    (Chinese) +82-32-741-0061
    (Japanese ) +82-32-741-0062
    [email protected]
Also note that you need to make your way from T2 to T1.
I think this looks very tight, I assume you don't have any check in luggage....

Good luck, and don't forgot to report back on your experience.
I think I'm arriving at T1 and departing T1. I'm on Aurora Airlines, an Aeroflot subsidiary. No check in luggage. Can I skip the transfer desk and go right to the Jin Air gate?
Old May 14, 19, 1:36 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah View Post
I think I'm arriving at T1 and departing T1. I'm on Aurora Airlines, an Aeroflot subsidiary. No check in luggage. Can I skip the transfer desk and go right to the Jin Air gate?
I think in general a low cost carrier would expect passengers to arrive at the gate with a boarding pass. However you may get lucky and get some good customer service. Fingers crossed!
Old May 15, 19, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Update. I flew from UUS to ICN's terminal 1 yesterday on Aurora Airlines.

We actually landed twenty minutes early.

Walked inside terminal and showed information desk lady my itinerary and asked how to transfer to my Jin Air flight and did I need to visit a transfer desk.

She made a phone call and discussed it with someone and then told me to just go to the gate (located a short train ride away in the "concourse" terminal) an hour before the flight and ask the staff for a boarding pass. That's what I did, no problems at all. It seems there is no boarding pass check when doing gate to gate transfer or inter-terminal airside transit in Seoul, so I had nor trouble getting to the gate.

I will mention that both the information desk lady and the gate agent were very interested in seeing my boarding pass for the flight from Russia. The gate agent asked for it when I saw her an hour before the flight and she gave me the boarding pass, and then she asked to see it again right before I boarded. I'm not sure why, but it's a good thing I kept it.
Old May 16, 19, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah View Post
Update. I flew from UUS to ICN's terminal 1 yesterday on Aurora Airlines.

We actually landed twenty minutes early.

Walked inside terminal and showed information desk lady my itinerary and asked how to transfer to my Jin Air flight and did I need to visit a transfer desk.

She made a phone call and discussed it with someone and then told me to just go to the gate (located a short train ride away in the "concourse" terminal) an hour before the flight and ask the staff for a boarding pass. That's what I did, no problems at all. It seems there is no boarding pass check when doing gate to gate transfer or inter-terminal airside transit in Seoul, so I had nor trouble getting to the gate.

I will mention that both the information desk lady and the gate agent were very interested in seeing my boarding pass for the flight from Russia. The gate agent asked for it when I saw her an hour before the flight and she gave me the boarding pass, and then she asked to see it again right before I boarded. I'm not sure why, but it's a good thing I kept it.
Great result, thanks for sharing your experience.

Search this Thread