Wiki Posts
Search

Air Asia

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2019, 1:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Air Asia

Does Air Asia issue a ticket with a ticket number? I am just curious as I have never seen or noticed it.
Old May 11, 2019, 5:00 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by dav662
Does Air Asia issue a ticket with a ticket number? I am just curious as I have never seen or noticed it.
I've never seen one...just a 'booking number.'

Then again we buy directly from the AirAsia website...perhaps online TAs provide an e-ticket number?
Old May 11, 2019, 8:18 am

Interesting one.

looked up to my old e tix bought directly and via OTA, there is no ticket number. just 6 digit PNR
Old May 11, 2019, 10:35 am
Original Poster

How about the other low cost ones in Europe? Do they issue one? I am asking this because a lot of countries are now asking for a return ticket when you fly in. Anyone can get a PNR or a Booking reference without actually buying a ticket and show it to the airline or the immigration on arrival. So if airlines like Air Asia does not issue a ticket number and only a PNR how do they differentiate between an actual ticket and only a booking reference?
Old May 11, 2019, 2:59 pm

Programs: BAEC
How about the other low cost ones in Europe? Do they issue one? I am asking this because a lot of countries are now asking for a return ticket when you fly in. Anyone can get a PNR or a Booking reference without actually buying a ticket and show it to the airline or the immigration on arrival. So if airlines like Air Asia does not issue a ticket number and only a PNR how do they differentiate between an actual ticket and only a booking reference?
If the immigration officer has any doubts they can easily verify whether a ticket is valid for travel or not with an airline.
Old May 11, 2019, 3:37 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Air Asia is ticketless (as are Ryanair or easyJet or many other low costs). Immigration authorities know how to deal with these airlines - no issues.
Old May 11, 2019, 7:22 pm
Original Poster

Just wondering as I have seen on some other forums people trying to use fake bookings or refundable tickets to get into some countries that needs a return ticket for the immigration.
Old May 12, 2019, 12:24 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Just wondering as I have seen on some other forums people trying to use fake bookings or refundable tickets to get into some countries that needs a return ticket for the immigration.
Immigration officials want to see a printed itinerary (these days I'm guessing showing them your itin on an app would suffice...don't know). Whether they check its authenticity or not depends on your behavior and their mood.

As digital nomads our plans are never set, so when we fly into one of those countries we book an onward ticket less than 24 hours before our arrival and print the itinerary. Once we pass immigration we cancel it under the 24-hour rule.

The only place where we have ever been asked for the printed onward itinerary, though, was New Zealand.
Old May 12, 2019, 3:55 am

Programs: FB Gold
Print out the booking confirmation, it will show that you are booked on the return flight. In Europe most (all?) low cost airlines are ticketless, and most bookings are non-refundable, easyjet also give you the option to print a payment receipt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.