Fiji airways Bula Bid family age question

Old May 3, 19, 6:47 pm
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Fiji airways Bula Bid family age question

I have not been able to find any posted experiences to this question so perhaps someone here has some experience with it. Traveling LAX-NAN on FJ with my wife and 16 year old daughter. The Bula Bid Terms and conditions as well as FAQs have the following items listed....

- You must be at least 18 years of age to make an Offer.
- If there are multiple Guests in a booking, the upgrade offer applies to each Guest. The Offer amount will be multiplied by the number of Guests included in the booking.

If the person in the party making the offer is over 18 but one of the people in the party is under 18 (not on an infant ticket) will the bid be accepted or is it "dead on arrival".

Any experience or thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks John

Update *SEE response from FIJI on reply below....

Last edited by john c wisconsin; May 15, 19 at 1:54 pm
Old May 3, 19, 9:25 pm

I think it just means that if a 16yo makes bid, then it's not legally binding on anyone. If you want to bid for 1, 2 or 3 upgrades, you'll have to divide the booking. Eg. there might be 2 seats left for upgrade, but if you bid for 3 only you won't get any. The hard part would then be deciding who gets left in economy.
john c wisconsin likes this.
Old May 5, 19, 12:38 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
I disagree with OZ's response. I read this as:

. The kid can not make the offer.
. If you make the offer, it applies to all 3 and is acceptable.

There is no restriction listed about the offer applying to kids, only that kids can not make the offer.
Old May 7, 19, 3:00 pm
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Originally Posted by exwannabe View Post
I disagree with OZ's response. I read this as:

. The kid can not make the offer.
. If you make the offer, it applies to all 3 and is acceptable.

There is no restriction listed about the offer applying to kids, only that kids can not make the offer.
Thanks, that was my fist take as well. We will see what happens a week out in August. No response from my emailed question to Fiji Bula Bid email. The good news is that I snagged front bulkhead seats for all three of us so at least stuck in economy we can stretch out our legs some. That was only $40 a seat well worth it on an 11 hour flight.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Old May 8, 19, 9:31 pm
Original Poster

2019 Secret Santa

Well I got a response from Fiji and I have to admit it was not what I expected and I am sure my teenager does not like the options....

Bula Mr. XXXXX,

Thank you for your interest in our Bula Bid product.
We would have to split your booking, to separate you from your daughter.
Please provide us with the booking reference if you wish to proceed.
Once we’ve done that, we’ll advise you a new booking reference, for which you can then make a bid.

You may initiate your bid or read more on how Bula bid works thru this link: https://www.fijiairways.com/bookings/bula-bid-upgrades/

Search this Thread