China airlines 777 premium economy

Old Apr 29, 19, 9:35 pm
Original Poster

China airlines 777 premium economy

So i booked the economy saver fare through CI website and choose a seat in 36 row. Apparently all seats below 40 row are premium economy. But i didnít pay extra or anything and booked R class. I just wonder why I could choose that seat for my booking. I didnít even know that was premium economy until i boarded the plane.
Old Apr 30, 19, 10:48 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pokepim View Post
So i booked the economy saver fare through CI website and choose a seat in 36 row. Apparently all seats below 40 row are premium economy. But i didnít pay extra or anything and booked R class. I just wonder why I could choose that seat for my booking. I didnít even know that was premium economy until i boarded the plane.
More information please... Which route? What aircraft are you flying? B777-300 or A350?
Then can better help you out.
Old May 1, 19, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by pokepim View Post
So i booked the economy saver fare through CI website and choose a seat in 36 row. Apparently all seats below 40 row are premium economy. But i didn’t pay extra or anything and booked R class. I just wonder why I could choose that seat for my booking. I didn’t even know that was premium economy until i boarded the plane.
Could just depend on the route and pax loadings. If premium economy/biz were lightly loaded it is possible they moved them up one cabin (with paid PEY getting the rear biz class seats) and then used the PEY cabin for regular economy.

Did you get an upgraded meal service?

CI used to do this all the time with their HKG-BKK 747s, biz class travelled in the F cabin and the biz cabins were open for Y class pax to be seated (but with economy service).

Search this Thread