Early check-in possible for Indonesia AirAsia at SIN T4?

Old Apr 29, 19, 7:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK*G, Marriott/SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Gold
Early check-in possible for Indonesia AirAsia at SIN T4?

On SIN website, it says QZ is eligible for early check-in from 5:30 to 22:00. However, AirAsia.com and support both said check-in only opens 3 hrs before departure.

Has anyone been to SIN T4 recently? Thanks a lot!
Old May 1, 19, 12:22 pm
Original Poster

Just an update: Changi website is wrong - no early check in for airasia at T4.
Old May 2, 19, 6:27 pm

Programs: Enrich
For Air Asia I usually check in online, since can check in as early as several weeks before. Unless you have luggage to check in
Old May 6, 19, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dici View Post
For Air Asia I usually check in online, since can check in as early as several weeks before. Unless you have luggage to check in
I have luggage this time unfortunately. It is very disappointing that Changi airport is wrong.
Old May 6, 19, 10:44 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
We flew AirAsia out of SIN T4 recently to Penang. Haven't gotten to a blog post about it yet, but we were checking bags so just turned up at the airport a couple hours before our flight. We used Premium Flex so checking in took all of 5 minutes even as the regular queue was quite long.

But we did review the excellent Priority Pass lounge in SIN T4: https://readyjetroam.com/2019/05/02/...rt-terminal-4/

TL;DR version: lots of seating, food and beverage (both soft and hard) options. A shower room and nap areas too. Access seems very limited to Hainan business class and Priority Pass. If you have access and spare time, definitely worth a stop.

ETA: finally got around to writing a review of the AirAsia flight SIN-PEN. We have really grown to love AirAsia Premium Flex for hopping around southeast Asia! https://readyjetroam.com/2019/05/10/...ore-to-penang/

Last edited by kokonutz; May 10, 19 at 2:16 am
Old Jun 19, 19, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Turned out, I was able to use to automated baggage drop 10 hours before my flight after all... I guess Air Asia really need to train their staff better.
I ended up spending some time at the Jewel and the lounge at T4.

On the way back, I was flying SQ in Y - I was so disappointed that SQ Gold lounge doesn't even have showers (or restroom for that matter!) I ended up going to another PP lounge. What a shame for SQ!

Search this Thread