China Southern- Business Class 787-9

Old Apr 27, 2019, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat, UA P1K
China Southern- Business Class 787-9

All,
Hope someone has some recent experience with the China Southern. I booked through AA but got the China Southern confirmation number and was able to log into the website to select a seat. I am in business class from CAN-PEK and I was able to select a window seat 15A from their online seatmap. However, no matter where I search there is no seatmap that shows a seat 15A as they all end at 11. China Southern's website, seat guru, seat meastro, etc. Its a 1-2-1 configuration.

Anyone have a clue?
Old Apr 27, 2019, 1:32 pm

​​​​​Yep...I have a clue!! Most seat map places such as seatguru are not even vaguely correct (and haven’t been for years)....so ignore them for China Southern. China Southern’s own website also has massively inaccurate or missing seat maps, BUT the 787-8 one is correct in every way EXCEPT the numbering of seats!! In Bus there are 7 rows of seats (11-17). A seats are genuine window seats (I.e. your seat is adjacent to the window and there is a fixed flat surface between you and the aisle). My own guess as to why it’s like this is that it mirrors the numbering on their 777-300ER which has First ((Row 1) and Bus starts labelling at 11. There is a kind of method to the madness!! EF has correctly labelled seats.
dc9flyernwa likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.