Air China connection time - International connection

Old Apr 17, 19, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
Air China connection time - International connection

Hey team, I'm looking to go to from JFK(B748) to PEK(A333) to DEL to AMD(AI-B321) via business class in the coming month or so.. I have a 2.5 hour connection in PEK to fly on wards to DEL & AMD is that enough time to go from one gate to another? I believe the flight lands in Terminal 3 and takes off from Terminal 3 to go to DEL also. Any chance my luggage to get lost within the 2.5 hour transfer?

Will I have to clear customs in China to go from gate to gate? My final luggage transfer will be in DEL(point of entry) to recheck to go to AMD

any recommendation or useful information regarding Air China or should I take the Swiss Air (A333) flight also available on a different day?
Old Apr 17, 19, 10:37 am

Programs: A3*G/KFEG
You should be fine assuming your flight lands on time. You'll need to clear the airport security which can be a hit or miss. Sometimes there nobody in line but sometimes there's a really long line.
Old Apr 17, 19, 8:55 pm

Programs: UA1k 2.5MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
You should not have to clear customs in PEK, but there will be a document check even for transit pax and then a security check. Make sure that you go to the transit counters instead of immigration. The document and security checks can take some time if there are a lot of transit pax arriving.

Personally, I would take the Swiss flights assuming that the fares and travel times are reasonably similar. I don't like transiting through China because of long lines, needless (to me) document checks and high potential for flight delays.

Search this Thread