Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Shanghai Pudong Airport transit international to international airchina

Shanghai Pudong Airport transit international to international airchina

Old Apr 13, 19, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Question Shanghai Pudong Airport transit international to international airchina

Shanghai Pudong Airport T2 international transit of AirChina international, do I have to pick up my luggage and redo the check-in and customs checks? nobody, I can say anything, for Air China ,,,: Confused:

Last edited by Angelo fly; Apr 13, 19 at 5:50 pm
Old Apr 14, 19, 6:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Angelo fly View Post
Shanghai Pudong Airport T2 international transit of AirChina international, do I have to pick up my luggage and redo the check-in and customs checks? nobody, I can say anything, for Air China ,,,: Confused:
I've been through Pudong countless times and while there is a transfer desk offering limited connections between select airlines, the list sis quite short.

I honestly can't remember the airlines on the list, or whether Air China is included.

You might want to go across to the China forum here on FT that has more regular viewers and will be able to answer your question.
Old Apr 15, 19, 3:58 pm

My advice to you is to leave plenty of connection time between your two internation flights, especially if they are on separate tickets.
Old Apr 16, 19, 10:56 am

Programs: Star Alliance
Did FRA-PVG-NRT on Air China earlier this month, there was transit service so you wouldn't need to pick up your luggage and check in again.
Old Apr 16, 19, 4:04 pm

I have an upcoming connection at PVG, internation-international, two different airlines on separate tickets, so I will have to pick up luggages, exit, checkin and clear security. I have 5 hours connection time, hope that is enough.
Old Apr 16, 19, 6:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
I have an upcoming connection at PVG, internation-international, two different airlines on separate tickets, so I will have to pick up luggages, exit, checkin and clear security. I have 5 hours connection time, hope that is enough.
Plenty of time. Immigration should take no longer than an hour, even on a worst day. Check in will close around 1 hour prior to departure, so you’ll have at least 3 hours up you sleeve for potential inbound delays.
Old Apr 17, 19, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

[quote = volute; 31006822]. Forse FRA-PVG-NRT con Air China all'inizio di questo mese, c'era il servizio di transito, quindi non si avrebbe bisogno di ritirare il bagaglio e il check-in di nuovo [/ QUOTE]

let's hope.
thank you.
ps. air china was not able to give me an answer :confuso: : Ad esempio:
Old Apr 17, 19, 8:48 pm

Programs: UA1k 2.5MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
You should assume that you will have to go through immigration, bag reclaim and go upstairs to the check-in counters. This could take an hour if passport control is very busy, but you might get lucky and have it take less time.

Nevertheless, ask the Air China representatives when you check in for your initial flight as they may be able to give you definitive guidance.

In my transits through PVG in terminal 2, I have seen only a few airlines listed as having transfer service and I have never seen any staff working the transfer counters. I cannot recall if Air China was one of the airlines.
Old Apr 20, 19, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

5 hours is A LOT of time, guys.

Search this Thread