FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   China Southern "premium economy" (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1964298-china-southern-premium-economy.html)

oranjemakker Apr 6, 2019 10:47 pm

China Southern "premium economy"

I am flying CZ308 AMS-CAN in a few weeks, booked in economy but am Gold with this airline. I am going to apply for a mileage upgrade to business class.

They seem to show premium economy seating in the seat map but this is not sold on this flight AFAIK. My two questions are
1. Do they in fact have this seating on this flight but simply dont sell it on this route.
2. if so, would they allocate me this seating at a top tier status member of their airline, if my upgrade doesn't clear, and how do I get this?

If anyone can shed any light would appreciate it.

​​​​​​​thanks!

Bub001 Apr 7, 2019 1:10 am

The “new” layout A330-300 has only two classes as far as I know. Bus in 1-2-1 and Eco in 2-4-2. In terms of accessing the front rows of economy...I’ve always had most success when phoning them. I know it costs quite a lot. On the positive side, whenever I’ve rung about an upgrade with miles, they’ve confirmed it there and then. Good luck!

moondog Apr 7, 2019 1:56 am

Originally Posted by Bub001 (Post 30973692)
The “new” layout A330-300 has only two classes as far as I know. Bus in 1-2-1 and Eco in 2-4-2. In terms of accessing the front rows of economy...I’ve always had most success when phoning them. I know it costs quite a lot. On the positive side, whenever I’ve rung about an upgrade with miles, they’ve confirmed it there and then. Good luck!

Costs quite a lot? Google voice is one cent per minute, and phone calls to CZ CS rarely require more than 5 minutes.

Bub001 Apr 7, 2019 2:06 am

Great that you know about google voice and use it...maybe a surprise but not everyone does. Some people just dial a phone-and for those people it does cost quite a bit. I agree CZ are usually pretty speedy...5 minutes would be on the low side, but certainly 10 minutes would cover most of my calls.

moondog Apr 7, 2019 2:12 am

Originally Posted by Bub001 (Post 30973771)
Great that you know about google voice and use it...maybe a surprise but not everyone does. Some people just dial a phone-and for those people it does cost quite a bit. I agree CZ are usually pretty speedy...5 minutes would be on the low side, but certainly 10 minutes would cover most of my calls.

They call it hangouts dialer now, but it's still the same product. Skype is two cpm, I think.