Mabuhay Miles program enhancements

Old Apr 3, 2019, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Mabuhay Miles program enhancements

Well surprise, surprise roll out is not going to plan!

has anyone heard if there is going to be a devaluation in redemption miles? (using the phrase "you can use the same values as before migration" sets off alarm bells for me)

Dear xxxx,
We know that you are just as excited as we are for the launch of the new Mabuhay Miles program enhancements. Admittedly, these improvements are taking longer than we expected, and we sincerely appreciate your patience and understanding as we roll out the features in phases.

Today, you can continue redeeming selected flights at Philippine Airlines Ticket Offices and through the Reservations Hotline for Standard Economy and Standard Business Class using the same Miles redemption values as before the migration. Flexiflyer and Premium Economy tickets, however, will be available soon and we will advise you accordingly. We have provided a quick guide for you below for your reference. Additionally, you may refer to these tables to stay updated on the routes available for redemption and the number of Miles needed to redeem your flight.

We have also continued to make Service Class Upgrades (SCUs) available, while continuing to prepare for the availability of the Miles and Cash feature. Please ensure that your SCU is confirmed before you arrive at the airport to avoid any inconvenience.

We apologize for any inconvenience this situation may have caused you. Rest assured that we are doing everything to ensure that we give you a premium loyalty program at the soonest possible time.

Sincerely,

Mabuhay Miles Team

Last edited by jeffrocowboy; Apr 3, 2019 at 9:47 pm
Old Apr 20, 2019, 7:18 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
In case you haven't noticed they have completely gutted the once really good Mabuhay Miles program in a series of devaluations over the last few years to the point where after the latest devaluation in January I am hard pressed to find any value at all left in the program. To achieve any kind of benefit whatsoever from the program at this point you would have to pay so much extra for your tickets that you would be far better off just buying the cheapest ticket you can get and just purchasing whatever benefit you think you might get from the program.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: Mabuhay Miles Classic
Today, i requested for a redemption for an award ticket for Domestic Flight but the Riyadh office failed to complete the transaction.
I went to their office twice and completed nothing. It seems that after your migration your system failed.

We choose Philippine Airlines mainly due to mabuhay miles but for somehow it became useless.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
In case you haven't noticed they have completely gutted the once really good Mabuhay Miles program in a series of devaluations over the last few years to the point where after the latest devaluation in January I am hard pressed to find any value at all left in the program. To achieve any kind of benefit whatsoever from the program at this point you would have to pay so much extra for your tickets that you would be far better off just buying the cheapest ticket you can get and just purchasing whatever benefit you think you might get from the program.
I am new to the program and have low expectations. I kind of think anything I get is a bonus - and only fly PAL when its the cheapest option.
Old Apr 29, 2019, 8:07 pm
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
The devaluations have been pretty bad, but there is still value:
PAL regularly has Mabuhay Miles sales with 30-50% of the published rates. That's very good value...
The new website has been a disaster - I can't even log into my account anymore... Will wait a few months before I try to sort it out.. not worth trying to "rush them"...
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old May 1, 2019, 4:36 pm

Programs: PR Premier Elite
Originally Posted by Fyd
The devaluations have been pretty bad, but there is still value:
PAL regularly has Mabuhay Miles sales with 30-50% of the published rates. That's very good value...
The new website has been a disaster - I can't even log into my account anymore... Will wait a few months before I try to sort it out.. not worth trying to "rush them"...
That is true and if you have a load of existing Mabuhay miles. The 30% off mile awards last year and the 50% off miles the year before were great for a few month window. But for earning NEW Mabuhay Miles after all the many many devaluations, to earn 100% miles you now have to pay almost double the price for a full fare "Economy Flex" ticket. So if free tickets are your goal, it would be cheaper to just buy two of the cheap tickets instead of one of double price tickets that earn full miles, which you would need to do a number of times to earn a free ticket. Even former high value percs like UTC upgrades are almost valueless because to use UTC upgrades say, from the US to Manila, since January, you now must buy about an $2200 "Economy Flex" ticket for a UTC eligible booking class. With no guarantee that you can actually even use the UTC until AFTER all there bidding for upgrades folks with $600 or $800 tickets and no status whatsoever had a shot at those seats for a $900 bid that is almost sure to get an upgrade.
Old Feb 13, 2020, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Mabuk dan gila
Even former high value perks like UTC upgrades are almost valueless because to use UTC upgrades say, from the US to Manila, since January [2019], you now must buy about an $2200 "Economy Flex" ticket for a UTC eligible booking class. With no guarantee that you can actually even use the UTC until AFTER all there bidding for upgrades folks with $600 or $800 tickets and no status whatsoever had a shot at those seats for a $900 bid that is almost sure to get an upgrade.
The latter definitely seems the way to go!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.