SkyTeam Elite+ on Vietnam Airlines

Old Mar 25, 19, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
SkyTeam Elite+ on Vietnam Airlines

Hello everyone,

I have a booking BKK-HAN-NRT / KIX-HAN-BKK coming up in May.
I am able to select seats for BKK-HAN and HAN-BKK but not the segments to and from Japan. I think my fare class doesn't allow it.

The strange this is that as far as I'm aware Skyteam Elite+ on VN gets ''preferred seating''. Shouldn't that override the fare class restrictions?
I also cannot seem to select emergency exit rows for the segments I am able to choose seats for.

Does anyone know why this is?

Cheers
Old Mar 28, 19, 9:28 am

Programs: Delta, aa
Actually I had a similar issue - Vietnam airlines is strict and immovable pretty much. No seat selection if fare code not applicable. They are an archaic and bureaucratic airline so honestly, something that you just have to contend with and remember that for next time.
AndyInSaigon likes this.
Old Mar 28, 19, 7:39 pm

Some ST airlines specifically spell out the "basic/bargain" fares do not entitle you elite/elite plus benefits.
Old Mar 29, 19, 1:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY+ Platinum / FlyingBlue Gold
Originally Posted by Mama View Post
Some ST airlines specifically spell out the "basic/bargain" fares do not entitle you elite/elite plus benefits.
Cannot seem to find that anywhere. I’d be hell disappointed it they wouldn’t grant me my SkyPriority beneifts though. And lounge access? :/
Old Mar 30, 19, 6:58 am

Programs: VN (PLA/Elite+)
From my experience you should get the Elite/Elite+ benefits for all booking classes – even for the basic booking classes. VN has preferred seating but you can’t reserve this seats (even if you are Lotusmiles member). They will give you on of this seats at the check in if you have not choosen any seat yet.
Old Apr 3, 19, 5:52 pm

Programs: FlyingBlue Gold; Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by EuroFlash View Post

Cannot seem to find that anywhere. I’d be hell disappointed it they wouldn’t grant me my SkyPriority beneifts though. And lounge access? :/
I can't speak to VN, but on DL, if you're flying Basic Economy, often the cheapest fare, the only SkyPriority benefit you receive is at check-in, security, boarding. If flying BE on DL, you don't get seat selection or upgrades. I'd be surprised if the priority boarding lasts much longer, same with check-in. I've never flown BE on an international flight, so I can't speak to how DL handles it, but I assume right now you'd get it, but in the future I can see it going away.
Old Apr 7, 19, 6:58 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Programs: UA 1K/MM refugee to cheapest business class fare, SPG Lifetime Plat, CBP Global Entry, #datelife
I flew on an 'Economy Lite' fare and got nothing: no seat until check-in, no points, no miles. Just an insane child sitting behind me: https://readyjetroam.com/2019/03/14/...oi-to-da-nang/

Then again, the ticket cost $32 so...

Search this Thread