Vietnam Airlines - Check in Question at CDG

Old Mar 23, 19, 12:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, aa
Vietnam Airlines - Check in Question at CDG

Does anyone know the answer for this query please? It will help out a lot in making my travel go more smoothly.

I have an itinerary that is as follows:

KLM: AMS to CDG
Separate ticket: CDG to Hanoi on Vietnam Airlines

Question: KLM has indicated that they will not be able to through check me in because it is two separate tickets. I am skyteam elite plus. Are they Skyteam elite desks at CDG or AMS inside security wherein I will be able to check in for the flight or will I have to make clear customs and immigration and check in again?

Thanks.
Old Mar 23, 19, 4:27 pm

Programs: FB Silver, ANA, Accor Gold
In your case it's reclaim and recheck. You'll arrive in Terminal 2F and depart across from 2E where you'll have to check your bags at the VN counters. Walking this is probably 5'. Your elite+ status will certainly help at check-in, not so much for baggage claim as priority tags may not work very well.
kokonutz likes this.
Old Mar 25, 19, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, UA Mileage plus, Le Club Accorhotels platinum
You can try in AMS to be checked in all the way, hoping to have a nice agent and knowing this is all Skyteam, but there is no guarantee indeed.
Will you have checked bags ?

Originally Posted by Ongo51720 View Post
or will I have to make clear customs and immigration and check in again?
if you have to go landside, arriving from AMS, there is no immigration to go through as you will already be in the Schengen area. However, you'll have to go through immigration departing CDG whatever you are checked-in all the way or not.
Old Mar 28, 19, 9:23 am
Original Poster

Nope no checked bags. I changed my flight to get to cdg earlier to avoid any issues. I’m going in May and June and I’ll report back in case it will help anyone else ... thanks
Old Jun 7, 19, 5:39 am
Original Poster

The answer to this question was easier than I thought. Even though I had a Vietnam Air ticket, I could go to any Air France kiosk and have it spit out my boarding pass.
Goldorak likes this.

Search this Thread