Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone flown with Air Swift - Philipinnes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2019, 5:52 am
Original Poster

Anyone flown with Air Swift - Philipinnes

Only flight I can find from Bohol to El Nido is with Air Swift. Anyone had any experience with them?
Old Mar 22, 2019, 2:00 am

Programs: SK Diamond, QR Platinum, AA Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold Ambassador
Yes. I've flown Air Swift from El Nido to Manila (or it was re-routed to Clark a couple of days before the flight due to Manila-congestion).

From what I've heard Air Swift is owned by the same company that owns the El Nido private island resorts (they also own the airport at El Nido).
Had no issues with them, except the re-route to Clark instead of Manila. They arranged transport from Clark to Manila though, so in the end I guess it's fine.
They're very strict (as would be expected from propeller planes) on luggage weights, so if you have 1kg overweight you will need to pay (in cash).

I don't know their safety record, and I'm not an aviation expert, but their planes _looked_ pretty well maintained.
Old Mar 22, 2019, 7:34 am
Fyd

Programs: UA GS, SQ PPS, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Accor Plat
Yes, they are owned by Ayala, probably the most reputable corporation in the Philippines.
id fly them without hesitation...
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:42 pm

Programs: MPCGO
My wife took AirSwift from MNL to LIO last month.
No complaints. They use the old domestic terminal (now labeled T4).
Old Apr 7, 2019, 12:44 am

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, Air Europa Silver, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
I took them last month from Coron to Nido, and Nido to MNL.
Both flights were on time. The convenience of the routes is well worth the price premium. The airport in El Nido feels more like the lobby of a tropical resort than an airport. Probably because the airport is owned by a resort company. But the waiting área is nothing special (quite crowded actually) so don't bother turning up early.
As other have said, staff are watching baggage allowances like hawks and will gladly charge extra of you go overweight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.