Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[CA] Air China Interlining with Jetblue or United?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2019, 6:23 am
Original Poster

[CA] Air China Interlining with Jetblue or United?

Dear all

I am currently booked on the following itinerary on a single Air China ticket: SIN-PEK-SFO. Upon arrival at SFO, I intend to fly immediately to New York city on either United or Jetblue. Due to my schedule, I can only afford a transit of around 3 to 3.5 hours - my Air China flight lands in SFO at 8.30pm and the last direct flights depart SFO for NYC at 11.30pm and 11.59pm.

Would anyone know for sure whether I will be able to check my bag straight through from Singapore to NYC if I book a separate ticket on either United or Jetblue? I'm worried about legendary delays at PEK and/or immigration queues at SFO which may cause me to miss my domestic flight...

Thank you all in advance.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 7:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Fear_of_Flying
Would anyone know for sure whether I will be able to check my bag straight through from Singapore to NYC if I book a separate ticket on either United or Jetblue? I'm worried about legendary delays at PEK and/or immigration queues at SFO which may cause me to miss my domestic flight....
You will be required to complete all immigration & customs formalities at SFO, including checked & carry-on bags, as SFO is your port to USA entry. The same for all or any airline.
Old Mar 3, 2019, 9:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
CA interlines with both UA & B6. But, that will not help you much as, on separate tickets, you will still need to meet the minimum bag deadline for the onwards carrier. Logistically, if CA will not check your bag across the two tickets, the only extra step is that you will need to wait to check the bag in post CBP at SFO whereas, if tagged, you will simply drop it.

Given that the onward ticket is for a significant flight and last minute replacement may cost a good deal of money, I would suggest allowing a good 4-5 hours for the ticket transfer to deal with delays.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.