China Eastern possible ticket issue

Old Mar 2, 19, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM / MM - Marriott Lifetime Plat
China Eastern possible ticket issue

Booked two tickets XIY to SHA for SEPT and put in the required passport info (number) for both my spouse and myself. When I went to view these itineraries online my passport showed country of issue as "Mongolia". Thinking this odd since they never asked for this info (thought I fat fingered it) I looked at my spouse and theirs was correct. Having thoughts of being denied boarding or check in I called the airline (waited 45 min on hold) and they said they saw the issue but that it was "no problem" since they confirmed they have the correct passport number. This seems fishy / odd to me. I called back (on hold another 45 min) to get a different agent and they told me the same thing.

Should I believe them? I'm just having this awful feeling of them saying the info is wrong and won't let me board. Only to have to buy another ticket day of for 10x the cost.

Am I worried about nothing?
Old Mar 2, 19, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA PLT/3MM, UA GM/1MM, DL DM/1M, WN AList+
Originally Posted by lucycan View Post
Booked two tickets XIY to SHA for SEPT and put in the required passport info (number) for both my spouse and myself. When I went to view these itineraries online my passport showed country of issue as "Mongolia". Thinking this odd since they never asked for this info (thought I fat fingered it) I looked at my spouse and theirs was correct. Having thoughts of being denied boarding or check in I called the airline (waited 45 min on hold) and they said they saw the issue but that it was "no problem" since they confirmed they have the correct passport number. This seems fishy / odd to me. I called back (on hold another 45 min) to get a different agent and they told me the same thing.

Should I believe them? I'm just having this awful feeling of them saying the info is wrong and won't let me board. Only to have to buy another ticket day of for 10x the cost.

The only way to know for sure is to go to a MU ticket counter (not the easiest trick in the US) or hope what they are telling you on the phone is correct. My guess is that it is OK, since they also add your country of residence as well as your address and everything else- they actually ask for your passport information again at the payment page - they should have ‘proof’ it is you.

But again, we are talking about MU here, which is always an adventure and a bit of an unknown (although not nearly as much as they used to be!),
Old Mar 2, 19, 3:14 pm

Programs: DL PM

Have you tried viewing your reservation using the Saudia Airlines web site? Oftentimes Saudia's web site shows details in any airline's PNR that no-one else shows.
Old Mar 2, 19, 5:40 pm

Programs: FB Platinum, SM Diamond
You "paid" $ the ticket (or it is an award ticket...)

I have a couple of "experience" with MU... (with both paid and award ticket)...
Who issue your ticket ? Delta --> 006 China Eastern ... 781...
Old Mar 3, 19, 7:40 am
Original Poster

These are paid tickets direct with China Eastern. 781 tickets.
Old Mar 3, 19, 7:41 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
Have you tried viewing your reservation using the Saudia Airlines web site? Oftentimes Saudia's web site shows details in any airline's PNR that no-one else shows.
Just looked into this. Unfortunately China Eastern has only given me a 15 digit Order number and a 781 ticket number, neither of which seem to work on this site.
Old Mar 3, 19, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
These are paid tickets direct with China Eastern. 781 tickets.
This thread will be relocated.

3Cforme - Delta Forum Moderator
Old Mar 3, 19, 7:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 3Cforme View Post
This thread will be relocated.

3Cforme - Delta Forum Moderator
Can you share to where please?
Old Mar 3, 19, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by CoMooter;30839996[left
But again, we are talking about MU here, which is always an adventure and a bit of an unknown (although not nearly as much as they used to be!),
Im still fighting with MU over a lost luggage issue from last May, so I haven’t seen any appreciable improvement in MU customer service. I’m flying Hong Kong Airlines March 11, but arrive at LAX the night of the 10th. I’d be happy to go by MU ticket counter or office to get you assurances in writing.[/left]
Old Mar 3, 19, 9:01 am

When you check in at the self service machines you can manually input your passport number. Assuming that number matches what you’ve given them in the reservation you’ll be fine.
Old Mar 3, 19, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold
I wouldnt worry. Its probably just an IT-bug at their website.
Old Mar 3, 19, 1:56 pm

Programs: BAEC, Accor
I tend to agree this should be a non-issue. There is no requirement to provide passport information before you check in, so if the information already supplied is incorrect for whatever reason it can be corrected at check-in.
Old Mar 3, 19, 6:15 pm

Originally Posted by mnbp View Post
Where on the Saudia website can you see this?
Old Mar 3, 19, 6:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK the Saudia website shows ticket details versus checkmytrip that focuses on PNRs.
Old Mar 3, 19, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
AFAIK the Saudia website shows ticket details versus checkmytrip that focuses on PNRs.
Good point - passport information would be in the PNR and not the ticket.

Search this Thread