AirChina: How do I confirm my booking?

Old Mar 2, 19, 9:34 am
Original Poster

AirChina: How do I confirm my booking?

Please, help. I bought a ticket on via.com, and they charged, confirmed and emailed everything. But I can't get that confirmation from airchina.com. Do I still have a reservation?
PLEASE!
Additional info about my payment:
I paid and received confirmation of payment, and my account was charged. But 2 days later I received an a-mail saying my payment had expired. Yet via.com still has my booking as confirmed and I haven't gotten a refund.
The e-ticket from airchina should be 999-242xxxxxxx, but mine is 999-319xxxxxxx. Therefore, airchina says I am not entering a correct e-ticket number.
Old Mar 2, 19, 10:17 am

Programs: MSC (Miles Slut Club); Cunard- Diamond 300+; Princess- Elite 200+; RCCL- D Plus; QF LTG; CA P
Call via.com customer service first.

If they said booking is fine, take their words.
If you are still not sure, call Air China local number and quote your name, departure date and flight to confirm the flight.

If via.com said the ticket is not OK, call your credit card to dispute.
Then book the ticket directly with Air China or other online travel agents like Opodo or Expedia.
Old Mar 2, 19, 10:28 am
Original Poster

Thank you. Surprisingly enough, I received a very fast response from their customer service (there is no phone number, just e-mail). They said the booking is confirmed and emailed me the same confirmation info I have access on via.com. But my concern is whether I can access this confirmation on the airline website, airchina.com. They say my e-ticket doesn't exist.
Old Mar 3, 19, 2:04 am

Programs: MSC (Miles Slut Club); Cunard- Diamond 300+; Princess- Elite 200+; RCCL- D Plus; QF LTG; CA P
Originally Posted by himerus View Post
Thank you. Surprisingly enough, I received a very fast response from their customer service (there is no phone number, just e-mail). They said the booking is confirmed and emailed me the same confirmation info I have access on via.com. But my concern is whether I can access this confirmation on the airline website, airchina.com. They say my e-ticket doesn't exist.
Air China is very fussy about how the name is inputed in their website, often result in errors. I had that happen few times.

I suggest you to call Air China to see if there is any irregularities.

but I think you should be fine. So far personally I have not heard this website nor any bad experiences yet.
Old Mar 3, 19, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by chongcao View Post
Air China is very fussy about how the name is inputed in their website, often result in errors. I had that happen few times.

I suggest you to call Air China to see if there is any irregularities.

but I think you should be fine. So far personally I have not heard this website nor any bad experiences yet.
Thank you. I will do that. You are the best!
Old Mar 3, 19, 3:30 am

Programs: BAEC, Accor
Where the website is fussy about the name it usually has to be input as it would appear in the GDS booking, for example

SMITHJOHN/MR

Exactly how it appears in the GDS is hard to exactly predict but it's usually something like the above. This has worked for me in the past.
Old Mar 3, 19, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plunet View Post
Where the website is fussy about the name it usually has to be input as it would appear in the GDS booking, for example

SMITHJOHN/MR

Exactly how it appears in the GDS is hard to exactly predict but it's usually something like the above. This has worked for me in the past.
Thank you Plunet. Unfortunately, I just tried that way and every possible permutation of NAME, LASTNAME, MR and the /. It did not work.
I actually received prompt replies from the guys in customer service at via.com. First they said the confirmation is ok and I could recheck. After I rechecked, still unsuccessfully, I wrote back and they replied rather fast and insisted my booking is in order, and that I could call airchina to confirm and check in via phone. I hope they are not just saying this because I'm on the verge of harassing them.
Thank you for helping...
Old Mar 3, 19, 9:34 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), AA OWE (EXP), IHG Plat
This is normal. You can access only reservations made via airchina.com

There is a thread on this forum about how to retrieve electronic ticket info from the Travel Sky web side (Travel Sky is the GDS all airlines in China use). Otherwise you need to call CA - be ready to provide flight number, date, origin point and last name (or Travel Sky PNR number if you have it).
Dhamal likes this.
Old Mar 3, 19, 8:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by himerus View Post
Thank you Plunet. Unfortunately, I just tried that way and every possible permutation of NAME, LASTNAME, MR and the /. It did not work.
I actually received prompt replies from the guys in customer service at via.com. First they said the confirmation is ok and I could recheck. After I rechecked, still unsuccessfully, I wrote back and they replied rather fast and insisted my booking is in order, and that I could call airchina to confirm and check in via phone. I hope they are not just saying this because I'm on the verge of harassing them.
Thank you for helping...
Did you actually call the airline yet? (We have many threads here where people are stumped by website issues, but airlines provide customer support via phone as well.)
Old Mar 7, 19, 10:28 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
You can't access OTA bookings on CA.com (only occasionally you can actually do it). But the point is that even if you can't access your reservation or e-ticket on the CA webpage, it doesn't mean that there is something wrong with your ticket. You are way overthinking this/worry too much. You have a ticket No. and you reservation is fine, i.e. you are good to go. No need to worry.
Bub001 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 19, 11:55 am

I'm guessing that this is the first time you've travelled on a Chinese airline. I felt exactly the same way you do the first time, but as others have said - don't panic! Certainly my first action at this point would be to telephone them....yes, that will cost you, but for peace of mind in the grand scheme of things, it's a small price to pay. Then you don't need to worry about trying to negotiate their website. Once you've had your conversation, just chillax and turn up at the airport. Oh - queuing tends to be chaotic, so plan for that...they won't take off without you!
Old Mar 7, 19, 4:09 pm

Programs: BA Silver; LH FTL, IHG Spire; Hertz 5*
Another idea: have you tried on the Air China app? The quality of the English websites of Chinese airlines is "mixed" at best, and I've had more luck being able to view my reservations on the Air China mobile app, even when it was booked through a third party OTA.
snguyen likes this.
Old Mar 8, 19, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bub001 View Post
I'm guessing that this is the first time you've travelled on a Chinese airline. I felt exactly the same way you do the first time, but as others have said - don't panic! Certainly my first action at this point would be to telephone them....yes, that will cost you, but for peace of mind in the grand scheme of things, it's a small price to pay. Then you don't need to worry about trying to negotiate their website. Once you've had your conversation, just chillax and turn up at the airport. Oh - queuing tends to be chaotic, so plan for that...they won't take off without you!
It is not the first time I fly a Chinese airline, but it is the first time one covers the entire trip, with layovers and everything. Maybe that's why.
I will get in touch with them over the phone, but I did get an email from via.com saying everything was in order. I will still call, but I am more relaxed now. Thank you!
Old Mar 8, 19, 12:38 pm

Programs: Co-Onepass, Delta-Useless Skymiles
I have the same issue, I had to call the CSR after waiting 35 minutes, I gave them my ticket number United issued and they were able to assign me a seat. but no email confirmation.. So I guess you have to wait and see...

Search this Thread