FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   NEW PASSPORT With AIR CHINA (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1957420-new-passport-air-china.html)

bambooshoot Feb 21, 2019 7:34 am

NEW PASSPORT With AIR CHINA

Hi Everyone,
I'm writing because I have a question.
So I book my flight on AC during the Black Friday and put my old passport number for that booking but since then I got a new passport and I would like to know if it's gonna make any trouble during the check-in?
I tried to change it only but seems not possible and I try to contact their Hotline but no one seems to answer ):
If anyone has a piece of information.
Thanks

plunet Feb 21, 2019 11:39 am

Just present the new passport at check in and ask the agent to update the data. I don't see any issue here. Not everyone fills in the API data before they get to the airport so it can be safely provided or updated at check in.

LHR/MEL/Europe FF Feb 22, 2019 3:24 am

Originally Posted by plunet (Post 30806006)
Just present the new passport at check in and ask the agent to update the data. I don't see any issue here. Not everyone fills in the API data before they get to the airport so it can be safely provided or updated at check in.

Agree. There are probably half a dozen reasons why someone would legitimately present a new or different passport at check-in than the one entered at the time of booking. This is easy to update during check-in at the airport.

TPJ Feb 22, 2019 3:40 am

If you are flying to Oz please do not forget you need a new eVisitor or ETA. At check-in they will match your new new passport to eVisitor/ETA.

Mama Feb 24, 2019 5:56 pm

Unless you lost your old passport,
​you should still have your old passport, you can present both at checkin, But, ​​​​​​my understanding is that your new passport number is usually the same as old passport number.... in normal situation.

jeffrocowboy Feb 25, 2019 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Mama (Post 30817461)
​you should still have your old passport, you can present both at checkin, But, ​​​​​​my understanding is that your new passport number is usually the same as old passport number.... in normal situation.

which country are you talking about? certainly in New Zealand, a new passport equals a new number

plunet Feb 25, 2019 11:40 am

I would imagine that for the majority of countries new passport = new number.

buffegg Mar 7, 2019 1:27 am

Originally Posted by Mama (Post 30817461)
you should still have your old passport, you can present both at checkin, But, my understanding is that your new passport number is usually the same as old passport number.... in normal situation.

Agree bringing the old passport would be safer, or calling up before hand.