Wiki Posts
Search

Shenzen "my booking" help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2019, 4:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3 *G
Shenzen "my booking" help

Flying Shenzen because (aside from getting me to where I want to go) it was a) ridiculously cheap and b) extremely generous on miles accrual for fare paid.

Booked on random OTA, PNR works on CheckMyTrip and have an e-ticket number. Whenever I try the Shenzen website to booked seats or view the bookings I get "The ticket is not suitable to the seat requirements".

Anyone have experience with Shenzen? I remember when I flew Air China a while ago only some of their international websites would allow me to view my booking...
Old Feb 16, 2019, 5:04 pm

Programs: BAEC
Are you able to get into the manage my booking facility using your booking details at all on the airline website? It's not clear if you can log in with your reservation details, or just unable to see some aspects of your booking.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plunet
Are you able to get into the manage my booking facility using your booking details at all on the airline website? It's not clear if you can log in with your reservation details, or just unable to see some aspects of your booking.

No, not at all. It does recognise if I enter my name wrong, so from that I can deduce that my booking exists. But I am still unable to get in to manage the booking.
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:38 pm

Its probably the formatting of the name that is the issue. Try to enter your name as it is set out on your eticket, or in the format

SMITHJOHN/MR
SMITH/JOHNMR
SMITHJOHN
SMITH/JOHN
Old Feb 18, 2019, 1:29 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by plunet
Its probably the formatting of the name that is the issue. Try to enter your name as it is set out on your eticket, or in the format

SMITHJOHN/MR
SMITH/JOHNMR
SMITHJOHN
SMITH/JOHN
Thank you. Sorry, I wasn't very clear. If I enter my name correctly, I get the error message from my first post. If I enter my name incorrectly, I get an error message regarding my name. Either way, the booking is inaccessible.
Old Feb 18, 2019, 12:11 pm

In that case you probably got to call them...
eshroom likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2019, 5:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Shenzhen Airline's website (especially their international site, supposing you are about to fly LHR-SZX) just won't work, it is so terrible and needs so much work to be done. From my previous experience, I think it only allows you to book seats for bookings made on its website (and most of the time it just doesn't work as well).
You can either try to call them or wait until the online check-in open, given the terrible seat reservation system, most of the seats are probably still there. This should work regardless of where you book your ticket. However, they tend to lock quite a bunch of seats in Y if that is what you booked, especially the first section of Y.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.