China Airlines 747 F seat selection

Old Feb 7, 19, 2:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: tk gold, lh ftl, ab gold
China Airlines 747 F seat selection

Hi! I have a paid biz class ticket in C on a 747 (between TPE and ICN). As far as i can see, the F cabin is not for sale, but looks like certain passengers (elite members?) can choose the F seats anyway.
Any experience on how to do that? I am not a Skyteam elite member.
Old Feb 7, 19, 5:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by igor82j View Post
............but looks like certain passengers (elite members?)..................I am not a Skyteam elite member.
Didn't you answer your own question? IIRC those are open to CI elite members for pre-assignment. Other Skyteam Elite members can request at airport.
Old Feb 8, 19, 4:35 am

Programs: KL Platinum, LA Black, A3 Gold, BA Silver, IB Oro
Yes, C pax with status can get F seat. Y pax with status can get C seat on the upper deck with economy service. If you are lucky you might get it at the airport.
Keter likes this.
Old Sep 1, 19, 12:37 pm

Programs: SU Gold; KL Plat; BA Gold; A3 Silver
Originally Posted by 747jetter View Post
Yes, C pax with status can get F seat. Y pax with status can get C seat on the upper deck with economy service. If you are lucky you might get it at the airport.
CI seem to open last 2 rows on upper deck to non-statux PAX too.

Also on 350 regional flights PE seats are available (last row) for non-status economy passengers too.
Old Sep 3, 19, 6:57 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Just tentatively booked for the 3 of us 1A, 1K and 2A in the old first class seating for the regional flight on the 747.
Seems only Emerald level or higher can secure any seat as I was able to select online for myself but it rejected my wife and son who are only gold members.
I rang the hotline then they asked their supervisor for special case to manually put them with me. Otherwise they were going to be seated in the old business class cabin.

I think they plan to retire the remaining 747s in the next 1-2 yrs so it will be nice to get 1 or 2 more chances to fly it.

Search this Thread