New China Airlines Amenity Kits!

Old Feb 2, 19, 4:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: I'm a nobody everywhere
New China Airlines Amenity Kits!

Call me a millennial or what have you, but these are the first kits that i've been super excited to be rolled out! They're waterproof!
I can think of quite few uses i'd have for these post-flight.

Likely won't ever have a chance to fly CI in PEY or J myself, might have to resort to ebay or something when they start appearing.
They should have rolled out starting yesterday Feb 1 Would love to see some real pics if anyone gets their hands on one.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...-amenity-kits/
Old Feb 2, 19, 4:31 am

Programs: EuroBonus, FlyingBlue Gold
I flew PY yesterday and to PY these kits are a huge downgrade. No comb, no lip balm and no hand cream. Amenities that I actually find useful on a flight.
Old Feb 3, 19, 1:48 am

That's a massive downgrade IMO.
Old Feb 3, 19, 10:32 pm

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by teriyaki View Post
Call me a millennial or what have you, but these are the first kits that i've been super excited to be rolled out! They're waterproof!
I can think of quite few uses i'd have for these post-flight.

Likely won't ever have a chance to fly CI in PEY or J myself, might have to resort to ebay or something when they start appearing.
They should have rolled out starting yesterday Feb 1 Would love to see some real pics if anyone gets their hands on one.

https://www.businesstraveller.com/bu...-amenity-kits/
A total downgrade for PE/J. Looks like a rushed effort to slap a name brand onto a kit to match rival BR with their Rimowa/Ferragamo and Furla/SportB. The only "selling point" they can even provide for what's given is that there is a carabiner clip and it's "water-resistant" (does not mean waterproof!).
tris06 likes this.
Old Feb 4, 19, 7:11 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by hayzel7773 View Post
A total downgrade for PE/J. Looks like a rushed effort to slap a name brand onto a kit to match rival BR with their Rimowa/Ferragamo and Furla/SportB. The only "selling point" they can even provide for what's given is that there is a carabiner clip and it's "water-resistant" (does not mean waterproof!).
If so then how sad. I don't really care about branding so the previous amenity kits were okay to begin with.
Old Feb 4, 19, 7:31 am

Programs: BR Diamond, Dynasty Flyer Paragon, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by tris06 View Post
If so then how sad. I don't really care about branding so the previous amenity kits were okay to begin with.
The only difference between J and PE is a bigger bag that comes with a carabiner and two extra skin care products (one might be the Moroccan hair oil they’ve had for awhile). Otherwise the kit comes with the same of: toothbrush, earplugs, eye mask, and at least one skin care product.