Air Swift - Manila to El Nido

Old Jan 24, 19, 10:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Air Swift - Manila to El Nido

Might have a problem here. Want to fly MNL-ENI on Feb 24 but when I go to Air Swift to check the tickets, strangely enough, Feb 24 and 25 are the only days where it says N/A for flights on that route. All other days between now and March are available.

So I guess that means one of two things. They've sold out of all the tickets for those days or there is some sort of technical error.

Assuming the worst and they are indeed sold out, do I have other options for getting to ENI? Not going isn't an option.
Old Jan 24, 19, 3:05 pm

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY
Originally Posted by kapooncha View Post
Might have a problem here. Want to fly MNL-ENI on Feb 24 but when I go to Air Swift to check the tickets, strangely enough, Feb 24 and 25 are the only days where it says N/A for flights on that route. All other days between now and March are available.

So I guess that means one of two things. They've sold out of all the tickets for those days or there is some sort of technical error.

Assuming the worst and they are indeed sold out, do I have other options for getting to ENI? Not going isn't an option.
I would call T6 at this point (+63 2 318-5941 to 43 or +63 917 816-8763). Barring that, PR does fly to SWL (San Vicente, Palawan), which is around 1-2 hours away from El Nido, but they serve SWL from CRK, not MNL.

Barring that further, you could try doing MNL-USU-ENI instead, although you'd need to align this with the schedules of DG or M8 (on MNL-USU) and T6 (on USU-ENI). Alternatively, MNL-PPS-ENI might work too, and you have more flight options on MNL-PPS-ENI than you do MNL-USU-ENI.
kapooncha likes this.
Old Jan 24, 19, 3:07 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Elite, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
Fly MNL to Puerto Princesa, then by van taking 4 to 6 hours or so. I would imagine an uncomfortable trip. Possible to rent your own car as well (I guess).

Is there availability to ENI from Cebu or another airport on the day you want?

https://www.elnidoparadise.com/how-t...-nido-palawan/
Old Jan 24, 19, 3:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jeffrocowboy View Post
Fly MNL to Puerto Princesa, then by van taking 4 to 6 hours or so. I would imagine an uncomfortable trip. Possible to rent your own car as well (I guess).

Is there availability to ENI from Cebu or another airport on the day you want?

https://www.elnidoparadise.com/how-t...-nido-palawan/
I looked at the van option but seems mighty uncomfortable. My gf would get severe motion sickness during that ride.

MNL-PPS-ENI would work. I'm also checking some of the above suggestions that the OP laid out. I will call T6 a little later, I'm stunned they've sold out of all their 4 daily flights from MNL-ENI more than a month out.
Old Jan 25, 19, 6:32 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

I just called them. Supposedly they are fully booked on the 24th. Absolutely hilarious, the only day in February that that route is fully booked and it's the day I need, lol!
Old Jan 25, 19, 6:42 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Going to do MNL-PPS in the morning, and then PPS-ENI in the afternoon. Flight in afternoon leaves at 1430 and I'm planning on a morning flight from MNL-PPS at 0800 (arrive 0930).

Everyone think that is enough time? I've heard of some nightmare delays involving Cebu Pacific.

Last edited by kapooncha; Jan 25, 19 at 7:09 pm
Old Jan 26, 19, 5:12 am

I just called them. Supposedly they are fully booked on the 24th. Absolutely hilarious, the only day in February that that route is fully booked and it's the day I need, lol!
I'm guessing there's a big wedding?

Going to do MNL-PPS in the morning, and then PPS-ENI in the afternoon. Flight in afternoon leaves at 1430 and I'm planning on a morning flight from MNL-PPS at 0800 (arrive 0930).

Everyone think that is enough time? I've heard of some nightmare delays involving Cebu Pacific.
That's plenty of time. I'm guessing PR and Z2 were too expensive?

If you're willing to make an earlier trip to MNL (and pay more in the process, although I wouldn't know since I didn't really check), MNL-USU-ENI would also be an option: M8 (SkyJet) has a 7:40 am departure from MNL, arriving at USU 8:40, which would then connect to the USU-ENI flight that leaves at 10:40. But the MNL-PPS-ENI option you have laid out should be fine, and you and your GF could drop by the city for a couple of hours as PPS is really close to downtown.
kapooncha likes this.
Old Jan 26, 19, 10:07 am
Suspended
Original Poster

I looked at MNL-USU-ENI but the MNL-USU route is outrageously expensive compared to MNL-PPS.
Old Jan 26, 19, 4:25 pm

I looked at MNL-USU-ENI but the MNL-USU route is outrageously expensive compared to MNL-PPS.
The Cebu Pacific option is outrageously expensive, yes, but SkyJet was half-price. But if that's still more expensive than MNL-PPS, then go PPS.

Search this Thread