Community
Wiki Posts
Search

China Eastern LAX "verification"

Search this Thread

Old Jan 20, 2019, 2:55 pm
Original Poster

China Eastern LAX "verification"

Upcoming flight from LAX on CE. Connecting from another airline in terminal 4. Will I need to leave the secure zone and walk to the check in area to get my passport verified, or can I just show my online check in, take the tunnel to TBT and have it taken care of at the gate? Much thanks
Old Jan 21, 2019, 1:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
China Eastern is MU, not CE. CE is a non-existant IATA code at the moment.

Whether you need to re-check in depends on the airline you're originating with to get to LAX. If you're arriving on the same ticket from DL, then you should be ok and the DL agent would check you all the way through. If you're on separate tickets then it could raise an issue. I'd check with the Skyteam lounge when you arrive assuming you have access, otherwise check at the gate as soon as you're able. There's usually no hassle in the US doing your verification at the gate, it's a lot simpler than China departures.
Old Jan 21, 2019, 4:21 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
The Sky Team lounge (KE Lounge) is no help. I asked, they said "No soup for you" :-)

The OP will need to go to the gate.

OP, make certain you go to the gate fairly early to get properly checked in, Do not wait around to T-30 or any such nonsense, You can always go to the gate and then back to wherever you want to hang out.

EDIT: It does not hurt to do the "on line check-in", but DO NOT TRUST THIS ALONE. Get the old fashion hard stock BP. If you are really lucky and AA prints a real BP for you, that is nice. Still I would go to the gate,

EDIT 2: OP, to be clear, take the new connector to Bradly so you do not exit security. Even if for some reason the gate blows you off you could walk to the groundside ticket windows w.o much loss of time.

Last edited by exwannabe; Jan 21, 2019 at 4:38 pm
Old Mar 3, 2019, 12:51 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 2MM, AA ExPlt
Originally Posted by krugmaniac
Upcoming flight from LAX on CE. Connecting from another airline in terminal 4. Will I need to leave the secure zone and walk to the check in area to get my passport verified, or can I just show my online check in, take the tunnel to TBT and have it taken care of at the gate? Much thanks
Did you do this? I have a flight tomorrow -- hoping I do not have to go to the counter and through security at TBIT. The MU OCLI says it not valid for getting thru secuirty, but I already will be on the sterile side.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.