Wiki Posts
Search

Interlining within China Airlines through Taipei

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2019, 6:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: FreeAgent; DL Silver; IHG Diamond/ Ambassador
Interlining within China Airlines through Taipei

I am arriving in TPE a little past 9PM from NRT on a China Airlines operated flight (Delta flight number), and planning to connect to another CI flight to BKK. It seems there is a 2235H departure that same evening, and several the next day. Would it be possible to seamlessly connect through TPE that same evening? The tickets will be separate because the first leg is part of an itinerary that originates from the USA (Delta Airlines ticket stock), while the TPE-BKK leg will be a separately bought ticket.
(I actually started a similar thread about transiting through TPE, but my other question above is about CI. Transiting/ Connecting through TPE Taoyuan )
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:56 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by hikouki
I am arriving in TPE a little past 9PM from NRT on a China Airlines operated flight (Delta flight number), and planning to connect to another CI flight to BKK. It seems there is a 2235H departure that same evening, and several the next day. Would it be possible to seamlessly connect through TPE that same evening? The tickets will be separate because the first leg is part of an itinerary that originates from the USA (Delta Airlines ticket stock), while the TPE-BKK leg will be a separately bought ticket.
(I actually started a similar thread about transiting through TPE, but my other question above is about CI. Transiting/ Connecting through TPE Taoyuan )
China Airlines will not interline the bags for you if it's on two separate tickets. You can attempt to ask the agent at NRT to do it but likely the answer will be no. What you can also do is at the TPE transfer desk, ask the agent to have someone pick up your baggage at the carousel and transfer it to the next flight. You don't need to get out of the sterile area.

https://www.china-airlines.com/tw/en...hecked-baggage

Passenger holds separate tickets for travelling

According to regulation from IATA, if passenger’s trip is involved two or more airlines and destinations, the itineraries have to be mentioned on the same ticket or conjunction tickets.
In case passenger holds two or more “Separate Tickets” for travelling, it means there are two or more “Condition of Contacts” on the trip, the origin station will not tag-through to the final destination, passenger has to pick up the baggage and re-check to the final destination at the transfer station.

The free baggage allowance also is different on separate airline’s ticket, and it may not be adopted onto the full itinerary on passenger’s trip, please ensure to arrange the free baggage allowance in accordance with the regulation of different airline during your trip plan.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.