Community
Wiki Posts
Search

XiamenAir transfer options in Xiamen Aiport

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2019, 11:27 am

Originally Posted by siw
endet,

On the outbound AMS-XMN-HKG which lands at 05:30 in XMN what lounge do MF J passengers have access to and does it have showers? The SkyTeam app lists 5 lounges in XMN, all with showers but it may be inaccurate, and I cannot recall which lounge I accessed when I last flew KL884 XMN-AMS, all I recall is it was at the far right-hand end of the gate area (Gate 17) and was very sparse and unappealling?
I never used that lounge "First class lounge 7". I went straight for the "First class lounge 6" which is in the middle of the international terminal (close to gate 15 and the elevator is next to the FX conversion counter.

It has comfy seating, a shower, some few food items (as a westerner don't get excited) luke warm beer from the fridge and view on the apron (ground level).

When I arrived with KLM i hung out there for hours. And there are even a few sofas where you could nap during non busy times. Most of the guys who sat later in C were in this lounge.
Old Feb 23, 2019, 12:22 pm
siw
Original Poster

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Thanks.

That seems better than the lounge near gate 17 that I went to, so I'll go there after MF812 05:30 arrival for a shower and to while away my 4 hour transit.
Old Apr 15, 2019, 11:26 am
siw
Original Poster

I did not look closely enough in my picture above from MF about the baggage limits. The maximum weight for hand baggage is 5 kg and my cabin bag with contents was 9 kg, so it'll have to go checked-in!

endet. The people in your video have baggage which looks too big to be under the 5 kg limit. Do you think I can take my cabin bag LHR-AMS-XNM-HKG and HKG-XMN-AMS-LHR all in MF and MF-codeshare share? I fly in 2 days.

Thanks
Old Apr 24, 2019, 7:07 am
siw
Original Poster

Just to add a few points post LHR-AMS-XMN-HKG rtn on MF ticket (including LHR flights KL aircraft with MF codeshare flight numbers).

In the end I decided to check-in my cabin bag on both outbound and return, since it was over MF's 5 kg limit. But looking at other passenger's carry-on I guess that rule (which I got in an MF e-mail) is ignored. In both LHR and HKG my bag was tagged to the final destinations and it arrived both times (with damage) - I fully expected it to get lost.

Online check-in on the MF website sends you to the KLM website. This allowed for seat selection on the first KL flight (LHR-AMS) for a £0 Economy Comfort seat. However, it is not possible to make the seat selection on the final flight (AMS-LHR) so you're stuck with what the system gives you (a mid-row Economy seat for me on a nearly full flight for me).

Due to a late HKG-XMN flight (about 2 hours late) I decided not to bother going to the MF hotel in the city (it was raining so I wasn't going to walk around and the park and then look for a food) and instead I went to the lounge (walk to Gate 15 and take the escaltor down a level, do a 180deg turn and it's next to Gate 51). This is a new(ish) lounge on ground level. My previous trip to XMN was in May 2018 and MF had the lounge near Gate 17 (up the escalator) but that is now for non-MF airlines. The new lounge is OK. Good points: there are 2 showers, comfy seats, it never got very full (during my 8-9 hours there were flights around China and Asia as well as LAX, MEL and my AMS flight), staff were friendly/keeping it clean/stocking up the refreshments. Not so good points: only a few tables have plug sockets for recharging devices, food options are very limited and bland. No really bad points.

Is it usual for MF to not dim the cabin lights for the entire 11.5 hr XMN 00:10 to AMS 05:30 flight? Other airlines I've been on (e.g. VN,GA,CI,KE,KL etc.) make the cabin dark for sleeping. I asked a flight attendent if they were going switch off the lights but she just looked at me blankly and took the eye mask out of the little kit. Eye masks annoy me so got a sleepless overnight flight.
plunet likes this.
Old May 12, 2019, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by siw
Just to add a few points post LHR-AMS-XMN-HKG rtn on MF ticket (including LHR flights KL aircraft with MF codeshare flight numbers).

In the end I decided to check-in my cabin bag on both outbound and return, since it was over MF's 5 kg limit. But looking at other passenger's carry-on I guess that rule (which I got in an MF e-mail) is ignored. In both LHR and HKG my bag was tagged to the final destinations and it arrived both times (with damage) - I fully expected it to get lost.

Online check-in on the MF website sends you to the KLM website. This allowed for seat selection on the first KL flight (LHR-AMS) for a £0 Economy Comfort seat. However, it is not possible to make the seat selection on the final flight (AMS-LHR) so you're stuck with what the system gives you (a mid-row Economy seat for me on a nearly full flight for me).

Due to a late HKG-XMN flight (about 2 hours late) I decided not to bother going to the MF hotel in the city (it was raining so I wasn't going to walk around and the park and then look for a food) and instead I went to the lounge (walk to Gate 15 and take the escaltor down a level, do a 180deg turn and it's next to Gate 51). This is a new(ish) lounge on ground level. My previous trip to XMN was in May 2018 and MF had the lounge near Gate 17 (up the escalator) but that is now for non-MF airlines. The new lounge is OK. Good points: there are 2 showers, comfy seats, it never got very full (during my 8-9 hours there were flights around China and Asia as well as LAX, MEL and my AMS flight), staff were friendly/keeping it clean/stocking up the refreshments. Not so good points: only a few tables have plug sockets for recharging devices, food options are very limited and bland. No really bad points.

Is it usual for MF to not dim the cabin lights for the entire 11.5 hr XMN 00:10 to AMS 05:30 flight? Other airlines I've been on (e.g. VN,GA,CI,KE,KL etc.) make the cabin dark for sleeping. I asked a flight attendent if they were going switch off the lights but she just looked at me blankly and took the eye mask out of the little kit. Eye masks annoy me so got a sleepless overnight flight.
I think you ended up in the same lounge as I was. Its ok to hang around there but certainly nothing to indulge in food. Even the beer is lukewarm.
On my last flight from XMN to AMS cabin lights were dimmed.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.