Air China - same day change

Old Dec 8, 2018, 10:32 am
Original Poster

Air China - same day change

Is Air China offering a same day flight change for a charge in the same booking class?

During time of booking (Europe to HKG) i wasn't able to choose as connection the shortest one with depature at 1 PM in PEK (CA-109) so booked instead the one at 3:15 PM (CA-115). Just checked the schedule again and saw that by now CA-109 is available (as single flight as well as for the complete return booking Europe to HKG).

Booking class is R - but as the price for the complete flights increased by over 2000 EUR the "regular" flight change for 80 EUR + price difference makes no sense to save 2 hours in PEK...
Old Dec 16, 2018, 10:20 pm

Programs: TK*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Skydiver78
Is Air China offering a same day flight change for a charge in the same booking class?

During time of booking (Europe to HKG) i wasn't able to choose as connection the shortest one with depature at 1 PM in PEK (CA-109) so booked instead the one at 3:15 PM (CA-115). Just checked the schedule again and saw that by now CA-109 is available (as single flight as well as for the complete return booking Europe to HKG).

Booking class is R - but as the price for the complete flights increased by over 2000 EUR the "regular" flight change for 80 EUR + price difference makes no sense to save 2 hours in PEK...
you can always ask. typically they let me change domestic segments no problem. not sure about HKG tho - technically it is international...
Old Dec 21, 2018, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Flight change will cause fare recalculation. If you bought a promotional ticket, it is likely to incur big change up fees to change a single flight. And Air China does not do same day flight change except the chunk route to Shanghai. To transit in Beijing Airport international to international which include HKG, you need about 1 hour and 20 mins queueing even in first class (no special lanes for premier passengers). You will be glad that you choose the later flight when travelling.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.