Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

Air India flight hits building at Stockholm-Arlanda airport

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 10:51 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Reported to have happened shortly after landing.
Google translated from article in Swedish.
On Wednesday night, an airplane has been driven into a building on Arlanda. According to Stockholm police, the accident occurred at 17.44.
"We are still working and working in place," says Mats Almqvist at Stockholm police a few hours later.
"We are there and assisted.
He tells nobody to be injured in the accident.
Pictures from the site show how an Air India plane is evacuated and a witness says it's "full chaos".
- It's full of police cars, fire trucks, you name it, everything. I saw that: "The .... wing is stuck in the wall, it does not happen," says a witness.
"It's a very unpleasant atmosphere, people are upset and there is a lot of talk here.
Mats Almqvist states that it is about a building that is being demolished.
"Otherwise, I have no details," he says.
At 17.45 an Air India plane landed from New Delhi according to Swedavia's website.
"We can confirm an event with an Air India plan at Arlanda," said Alma Johanson at Swedavia's press release.
What caused the accident is for Swedavia unknown at the moment.
- We are investigating it.
Old Nov 29, 2018, 4:39 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Whoops!

Dang!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.