Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air China Fifth Freedom Route: IAH - PTY

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2018, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Air China Fifth Freedom Route: IAH - PTY

Has anyone had experience with this route? I recently booked a UA Saver Biz Award going to SCL from IAH, through PTY on Air China. The PTY - SCL leg is on Copa. Any input will be appreciated.
Old Oct 31, 2018, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SCEflyer
Has anyone had experience with this route? I recently booked a UA Saver Biz Award going to SCL from IAH, through PTY on Air China. The PTY - SCL leg is on Copa. Any input will be appreciated.
why not take UA for your IAH - PTY??
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Mama
why not take UA for your IAH - PTY??
Neither IAH - PTY on UA nor the nonstop UA service to SCL from IAH, were offered for saver redemptions of 60,000 miles, but were available for anytime redemptions of 110,000 per ticket.

There are two of us traveling, and my point balance at the time of booking was well < the 220,000 points that would have been needed for two anytime tickets.

The purpose of traveling to SCL is to join a cruise that will terminate in FL, and we will be arriving in SCL five days before the cruise departs, so we will have ample recovery time in the event that there are any flight anomalies.
Old Nov 1, 2018, 7:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by SCEflyer

Neither IAH - PTY on UA nor the nonstop UA service to SCL from IAH, were offered for saver redemptions of 60,000 miles, but were available for anytime redemptions of 110,000 per ticket.

There are two of us traveling, and my point balance at the time of booking was well < the 220,000 points that would have been needed for two anytime tickets.

The purpose of traveling to SCL is to join a cruise that will terminate in FL, and we will be arriving in SCL five days before the cruise departs, so we will have ample recovery time in the event that there are any flight anomalies.
I'm pretty sure that Mama's UA suggestion was sarcasm (hence's the smiley face). CA's best airplane is quite a bit nicer than a UA A320.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.