CZ 787-9 Business class

Old Oct 9, 18, 5:19 am
Original Poster

CZ 787-9 Business class

Has anyone flown on the new CZ 787-9 aircraft in Business? Id be interested to hear about the seat and layout....
Old Oct 9, 18, 1:25 pm
siw

Programs: AF-KL FB Platinum
I've yet flown on CZ yet, but I will next year. The B787-8 and -9 cabin layouts are illustrated on the CZ website: Boeing-China Southern Airlines Co. Ltd csair.com.
Old Oct 9, 18, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by siw View Post
I've yet flown on CZ yet, but I will next year. The B787-8 and -9 cabin layouts are illustrated on the CZ website: Boeing-China Southern Airlines Co. Ltd csair.com.
Yes I know...Im interested to get feedback from someone whos flown on the -9...to get a sense of what its like...esp as compared with J on the 777-300 and A380 which both have the same layout.
Old Nov 2, 18, 5:33 am

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Bub001 View Post

Yes I know...Im interested to get feedback from someone whos flown on the -9...to get a sense of what its like...esp as compared with J on the 777-300 and A380 which both have the same layout.
Im flying this next week CAN-CHC, happy to share my opinion here, i fly the airline frequently and am looking forward to their new plane and layout
Bub001 likes this.
Old Nov 12, 18, 3:16 pm

Programs: NZ Elite; QF Platinum; CZ Gold; MU Platinum; Marriott Titanium; Accor Platinum
Has anyone flown on the new CZ 787-9 aircraft in Business? Id be interested to hear about the seat and layout....
I have just returned from flying two legs on this plane, the first interestingly enough was on a domestic flight SHA-CAN and then the long haul CAN-CHC

Overall I was very impressed with the new seats. I flew both the true window and the window seat closer to the aisle. The seats are very comfortable and they have an excellent IFE screen, very bright and responsive with a controller with a mini monitor. The bed was comfortable and I slept for about 9 hours on the long haul. Like many similar staggered seats, of course you kind of disappear into the "coffin" as the seats recline to a bed, and the footwell is somewhat constricting, though i did not find it too bad at all.

Comparing the two seats, you can see them in this seating plan http://www.csair.com/en/tourguide/fl...b0c9464a78.png . note that in true Chinese style the seat numbers in the seating plan to do not match the plane but the layout shown is correct. The actual seating starts with row 11 (even though its the first row in the plane no idea why). So row 5 shown in the picture is actually row 11. I sat in 14A (8A in pic) and 13K (7k in pic) the true window (13K) is much more private, but some people might find it claustrophobic as the entrance to the aisle is very narrow, the other seat (14A) is open to the aisle. If you prefer a more open seat with a wider footwell, choose the first row. This seat also has a wider space between the seat and the aisle but its close to the toilets, so i would still prefer the seat a few rows back.

The service on both flights was very good, very attentive and personal. there were some elderly pax and I noticed the particular care they showed them, the FA even helped an elderly Chinese couple fill out their landing cards which took about 15 minutes, never seen this on a Western carrier. As usual, the Western food selections were what i can only describe as weird. breakfast had sausages served with some kind of cheese sauce and poached eggs that were basically hard boiled and a soggy muffin with Chinese greens but the price and seating quality more than made up for this.

I am looking forward to my next flights with them.
Old Nov 12, 18, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the reply....all good news and no surprises. I'm currently struggling with seat maps for the A330-200 which used to have 1 F (1-2-1) and 4 J (2-2-2 - like the 787-8) but the maps on Seat Alerts and the CZ website, the layout has changed to no F, 3 rows of J, the first of which is blocked for all flights to and from CDG and FCO in NW and beyond - if you've got any thoughts on that, please share! Cheers
Old Nov 12, 18, 4:54 pm

Thanks for the reply....all good news and no surprises. I'm currently struggling with seat maps for the A330-200 which used to have 1 F (1-2-1) and 4 J (2-2-2 - like the 787-8) but the maps on Seat Alerts and the CZ website, the layout has changed to no F, 3 rows of J, the first of which is blocked for all flights to and from CDG and FCO in NW and beyond - if you've got any thoughts on that, please share! Cheers
After the mismatch between website and the actual seating plan on their newest plane it sounds like their online maps are worthless!!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: