China Airlines - A350 Premium Economy seat question

Old Mar 22, 19, 10:11 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF View Post

In row 31 you can put your cabin bag on the floor after takeoff and have a fully horizontal leg rest. Much better for sleeping if needed.

Just flew CI in PE and had row 31A booked. In my case, even without putting the cabin bag on the floor, it worked out quite nice using the magazine holder as support as when the leg support is all the way up it seems to be the same level as the pocket.
I actually find the CI PE seats to be one of the better PE fixed shell seat out there especially compared to the horrible PE seat of Air France. Only small complain is the not really 'premium' part of the service - I know only the first meal has the additional appetizer, but other than that, nothing premium about the meals.

Since it is also my first flying long haul with CI, I was actually surprised that the Economy purser (?) does personally greet I believe Elite+ passengers (ala CX) which is the first for me. This is a nice touch, however (for the sake of complaining ), I don't understand why CI does not go the additional (small) step of offering also a bottle of water from J or maybe even champagne from J - don't see the purpose of this greeting with let me know if I can do anything for you (isn't that why the FA's are there after safety?) when nothing special is offered? I tried them out by asking for an additional pillow (I thought that they would get me one from J - it was 50% empty), but what I received was just another one from Y.

All in all, I am quite impressed with the service from CI (especially compared to CX) and will certainly fly them again if I need to be in the region.

Cheers!
Old Mar 22, 19, 11:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Agreed the 2nd service is usually no different. I would add the desert is usually ice cream even if it is a bit small. Economy does not usually get that. And hot towels are also not usually given out to economy.
I am 6 foot 1 and I personally find the front row to be the best for me even if it means i cannot stretch fully out when I slide the back down.
Old Mar 22, 19, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by nldogbert View Post
Since it is also my first flying long haul with CI, I was actually surprised that the Economy purser (?) does personally greet I believe Elite+ passengers (ala CX) which is the first for me. This is a nice touch, however (for the sake of complaining ), I don't understand why CI does not go the additional (small) step of offering also a bottle of water from J or maybe even champagne from J - don't see the purpose of this greeting with let me know if I can do anything for you (isn't that why the FA's are there after safety?) when nothing special is offered?
They don't offer champagne on the ground in J, either way. I've been asked before if I specifically wanted any water or juice during purser greeting on the ground, though (at least in Chinese they do, I don't know what they do in English).
Old Mar 23, 19, 12:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by lolstebbo View Post
They don't offer champagne on the ground in J, either way. I've been asked before if I specifically wanted any water or juice during purser greeting on the ground, though (at least in Chinese they do, I don't know what they do in English).
OMG....now you have it: CI J class does not offer champagne during boarding...loud and clear.
Old Mar 23, 19, 6:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Dynasty Frequent Flyer (Elite Plus),Accor Platinum
Correct I have flown at least 20+ times on long haul J with them and never any alcohol on the ground pre take off. Actually sometimes I even missed being offered the drink as the lounge was a significant distance to the gate. I may be very wrong but it might be a Taiwan aviation regulation? Remember all inside the plane is Taiwan Aviation rules. Again just vaguely remember hearing this but hell my memory can be faulty.
Old Mar 23, 19, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by tris06 View Post
Correct I have flown at least 20+ times on long haul J with them and never any alcohol on the ground pre take off. Actually sometimes I even missed being offered the drink as the lounge was a significant distance to the gate. I may be very wrong but it might be a Taiwan aviation regulation? Remember all inside the plane is Taiwan Aviation rules. Again just vaguely remember hearing this but hell my memory can be faulty.
BR offered champagne in J when I flew them mid last year ex-TPE, it's usually more about paying taxes than aviation rules.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: