Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Juneyao PVG-TPE Sept 2018 (experience & photos)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:56 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AC SE100K-1MM, NH, DL, AA, BA, Global Entry/Nexus, APEC..
Juneyao PVG-TPE Sept 2018 (experience & photos)

I scrolled through this forum and did not find any current or relevant threads with Juneyao so I thought I'd share our recent flight here.

My colleague and I flew Juneyao last week. It was my first flight with them and his second. A couple of things I noted:

- nice priority check-in area at PVG. Red carpet, comfy couch-type chairs, planters
- the 2 staff at the counter did not speak much if any English but a third person they found did speak some. We had inquired about something and while it took a while, they did get us the answers
- they could not add our AC FF numbers to the booking. They could not explain why

- there is a sign on the counter listing the "partner" airlines including logos and priority benefits
- we were not allowed into the CA lounge, despite our *G status. The answer was we were not transit pax in PVG but originating thus access does not apply. We had approx 1 hour until our flight, so it wasn't an issue

- PVG built a brand new terminal which looks looks beautiful. Interior not finished and of course jet bridges not operational, but the gate areas are used for aircraft parking and boarding is from bus gates (yay!, lol)
- boarding and bus process was organized and efficient

- aircraft seemed new, Y cabin was spacious, and bright, lots of legroom
- flight was just over an hour yet a hot meal was served. I was really impressed with the food provided and the efficient service.. There were 2 choices for the hot meal portion and it was hot and tasty and not a salt-fest like some airlines. The additional items were interesting and quite the selection/collection. Loved those weird waffles.

Overall, an interesting and great experience. I would definitely fly them again.

Sharing photos below

Cute sign in front of the priority counter

Some great views as we drove to our aircraft

On days like this, bus gates can be awesome for getting close and personal

Very nice

Soothing cabin colors

Lots of legroom here in Y

Ah, meals have arrived.

Really nice selection of items.

Tasty chicken meal.

Colleague's meal

He chose the beef

Last edited by 24left; Sep 9, 2018 at 10:54 pm Reason: Spelling
Old Sep 9, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
Thanks for the review, I think there isn't much content on Juneyao Airlines. Btw, it's Juneyao with an A.
Old Sep 9, 2018, 10:50 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lcpteck
Thanks for the review, I think there isn't much content on Juneyao Airlines. Btw, it's Juneyao with an A.
@lcpteck
Thanks.
So much for my typing and editing skills.
I'll click an alert on my post and see if a mod can correct the spelling in the title

Last edited by 24left; Sep 9, 2018 at 10:56 pm
Old Sep 10, 2018, 1:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I flew them once last year from HND-PVG on a redeye flight. Experience was similar to yours. I used priority check in although they are not an actual Star Alliance partner, they didn't seem to mind. They did add my UA FF number, but it didn't notate *G on it anywhere. Only points I'd bring up that you didn't already are the seats are fairly uncomfortable, the padding was thin and the pitch was quite tight. The other point is that they serve one of the worst beer I've ever had on an airplane, it was a Chinese made Suntory (Japanese company). Usually Suntory beer is good to ok, but this was atrocious.

Certainly wouldn't hesitate to fly them again if the price was right, in this case they were less than half the price of ANA or Air China on the same route and it's a fairly short flight.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: AY, SQ, EK
Thank you for the report 24left! Glad to hear you had a good experience flying with Juneyao.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 10:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nanyang
Thank you for the report 24left! Glad to hear you had a good experience flying with Juneyao.
Thanks @nanyang

I pretty much live above the clouds, lol. The vast majority of my flying is TPAC, then North American Transcon - often to connect to routes only available from the west coast cities such as YVR, SFO, LAX. My intra-Asia/SE Asia flights are between these cities: HKG, SIN, TPE, NRT, BKK, ICN. This was my first time flying from mainland China to another Asian city so there were many different experiences. Still, I was impressed with many things related to and on this flight, some of which showed how poor flying on short haul is in North America by comparison.
Old Sep 10, 2018, 11:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by 24left
Thanks @nanyang

I pretty much live above the clouds, lol. The vast majority of my flying is TPAC, then North American Transcon - often to connect to routes only available from the west coast cities such as YVR, SFO, LAX. My intra-Asia/SE Asia flights are between these cities: HKG, SIN, TPE, NRT, BKK, ICN. This was my first time flying from mainland China to another Asian city so there were many different experiences. Still, I was impressed with many things related to and on this flight, some of which showed how poor flying on short haul is in North America by comparison.
Speaking as someone who flies HO monthly, I strongly prefer domestic flights in the US. I also dislike FM, but MU is becoming pretty decent if you pick good planes.
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone know why Juneyao chose to call themselves this name in English rather than pick an English name that makes sense or use the mandarin iteration Ji Xiang?
Old Sep 15, 2018, 3:16 pm

Programs: SQ, QF, UA, CO, DL
Originally Posted by travelinmanS
Anyone know why Juneyao chose to call themselves this name in English rather than pick an English name that makes sense or use the mandarin iteration Ji Xiang?
According to China Travel News: Juneyao Air gets its name from its parent company, Juneyao Group. Both were named after the oldest of the three Wang brothers, who were born in a village on the outskirts of the eastern Chinese coastal city of Wenzhou. https://www.chinatravelnews.com/article/92441
Still not especially clear to me

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.