Wiki Posts
Search

Garuda A330

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Garuda A330

Any idea how to differentiate between the new biz (1-2-1) and not (2-2-2)?

i thought all 300 series is the new configuration. Aparently not.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 12:23 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

It's not too simple, but you can find out by using both google flights and the Garuda website. You need to coordinate the two websites. If you see that a flight is operated on an A330-300, look for the same flight on Google Flights and check if it is lie flat in the description. If it says angled then you are on an older jet (bear in mind the oldest ones are in an all economy config).

Beware not to select A330-200s as they are all fully flat with the 2-2-2 lay out.
Old Aug 23, 2018, 9:39 am

Programs: SQ PPS *G, Bonvoy Titanium
If you have a specific flight and date in mind, the easiest way would be to check the seat map using the Seat Alerts app. Always works for me.
clubeurope likes this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by clubeurope
It's not too simple, but you can find out by using both google flights and the Garuda website. You need to coordinate the two websites. If you see that a flight is operated on an A330-300, look for the same flight on Google Flights and check if it is lie flat in the description. If it says angled then you are on an older jet (bear in mind the oldest ones are in an all economy config).

Beware not to select A330-200s as they are all fully flat with the 2-2-2 lay out.
Fully flat but so uncomfortable.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 3:35 am
Original Poster

Seems no easy way to identify the type of aircraft.

I was on PK-GPL which seems quite old. The PTV is not the same with other A330 that I have been. Not even flight path. Only 3 menu avails. The sound connector on my seat was not properly working, I have to put it on certain angle so that I can hear sound in left/right (not both).

The seat is also very hard and not comfortable. surprisingly I saw this aircraft was used on SYD flight
Old Aug 27, 2018, 8:05 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by lingua101
Seems no easy way to identify the type of aircraft.

I was on PK-GPL which seems quite old. The PTV is not the same with other A330 that I have been. Not even flight path. Only 3 menu avails. The sound connector on my seat was not properly working, I have to put it on certain angle so that I can hear sound in left/right (not both).

The seat is also very hard and not comfortable. surprisingly I saw this aircraft was used on SYD flight
PK-GPL, an A330-200 features the first generation post-revitalisation Garuda cabin, which in my opinion is the least comfortable in the fleet. None of the A330-300s feature this cabin type.
Old Feb 21, 2019, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Seems no more A330 is being used betweej CGK and SIN nowadays. Is this permanent?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.