Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines
Reload this Page >

VA-ZL "interlining" (Virgin Australia / Regional Express)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2018, 9:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA*1K & UA Club, National Ex. Elite, Hertz Pres. Circ., Amex Plat., CLEAR

Rex's website at Booking Info :: Interline Agreements talks about "interline agreements". As far as I can tell, however, this is separate tickets and separate checkins, right?

Interline agreements for Rex:
MAY ISSUE TICKETS INCLUDING
BI GF ZL

MAY CHECK BAGGAGE TO
BI GF VA ZL
MCT is "ZL-VA DD 1.00", and the above link says at least 1 hour... I'm unclear on who would be responsible in the case of delays. Rex's offer of travel insurance seems to imply taking it will cover misconnections.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 7:12 am

Has anybody used this setup since? I'd like to combine MEL-ADL with VA and ADL-PUG with ZL.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 10:32 pm

I used it recently KGC-ADL-ASP and it was seamless. We were on separate tickets KGC-ADL and ADL-ASP. We provided a copy of our VA tickets to the ZL agent and the bags were tagged all the way through to ASP. We were given a slip of paper to provide the VA agents in the lounge or at the gate in ADL so they would know how much our bags weighed. I did not immediately follow my parents into the lounge, so I don't know if the VA agent actually asked for the bag weight information. If you're doing it the other way around I assume it works pretty much the same way.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.