Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Garuda London - Jakarta zero'd out in GDS for W18-19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 28, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: Qatar
I was forced to cancel my flights on a different itinerary on the 4th of September. My refund has only just been posted today and that was after me chasing.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 6:58 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
So despite my original itinerary (to BKK) having a stopover of one night in both directions Garuda are telling me that their policy for these replacement flights is that no stopovers allowed !!!

I have found replacement flights in business class in I booking class (as originally booked) but they are saying I can't have the stopovers.

Has anyone else got an overnight stop with their replacement itinerary ?

On Garuda flights ?
On another airline ??

Seriously frustrating.

It seems their policy for providing similar replacement flightd is actually preventing them from providing similar replacement flights !!

I HAVE FOUND VERY SENSIBLE, REASONABLE ITINERARY WITH AVAILABILITY AND THEY ARE SAYING NO YOU MUST GO STRAIGHT THROUGH.

Their itinerary gives just under an hour each way between flights :-(
Hi, my replacement BKK itinerary still has a one night stopover in CGK.
The London office put me on CX238, GA863 with one night stopover then GA866.
All flights are in class D, originally purchased in class I.

Preferably I wouldn't want a stopover in CGK, so I think the option they gave you is quite good.
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 2:03 pm
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Slightly off topic but GA First Class (B77W PK-GIF and PK-GIG) are shifting from CGK-LHR to the CGK-HND route from the end of October rather than the First service going after the LHR route ends https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...rvice-changes/
Old Oct 14, 2018, 5:16 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 9:51 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I've heard some hilarious 'in the know' rumours from people based out of GA Jakarta that UK flights may be starting again... not LHR-CGK though... normally i'd laugh it off as 'not a chance' but it's Garuda

Anyone else heard anything surprising?
Old Oct 20, 2018, 1:39 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
I've heard some hilarious 'in the know' rumours from people based out of GA Jakarta that UK flights may be starting again... not LHR-CGK though... normally i'd laugh it off as 'not a chance' but it's Garuda

Anyone else heard anything surprising?
Sounds absolutely bonkers. LGW is just as full as LHR. Are they seriously looking at STN, or further north at BHX or MAN? Until they get their hands on some 787s or 350s or land their 777s at an airport other than CGK to take the full landing weight it does seem like a strategy to fail.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 4:13 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Editing all mine!

Originally Posted by plunet
or land their 777s at an airport other than CGK... does seem like a strategy to fail.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:53 pm
Original Poster

Gatwick - Denpasar a couple of times a week is the only feasible route I would think
Old Oct 25, 2018, 1:38 pm

Hi there, I'm a bit late to this but here's my experience.
My family and I were booked for a fortnight's mini SE Asia trip starting in London and taking in Jakarta, KL, Langkawi and Singapore.
The flights to Jakarta, KL and the return to London from Singapore (via change of planes in Jakarta) were all from Garuda.
Booked for Easter 2019 a year in advance, in economy. I had paid what I felt to be a very low price (around Ł520pp (economy) total for all the flights).

Received an email from Garuda advising of cancellations.
Exchanged some emails with their Jakarta customer service team who were unhelpful and were telling me to phone both their Jakarta office and their London office.
Their London customer service was initially fairly bad - taking forever to the answer the phone (almost an hour). Initially said they couldn't help and pointed the finger at the Jakarta office.
Jakarta office pointed the finger firmly back at the London office.
More phone calls to the London office.
Eventually they tried to put me on a Singapore flight on the way home - a direct flight to LHR rather than via Jakarta as had originally been booked. However they eventually said they could only allocate up to 4 seats for rerouted passengers per Singapore Airlines flight - there were five of us in my group.
They then tried to use KLM.
I pointed out that I live near Birmingham and would rather fly to/from there.
They managed to change my booking to BHX > AMS (with KLM) > CGK (with Garuda) for the outbound journey.
For the return from Singapore, they have given us flights with KLM: SIN > AMS > BHX.

Previously, I was to fly out late at night and my return from Singapore would have commenced early in the morning (plus a change of planes at CGK).
The new arrangements mean I leave my house at crack of dawn and start my return journey home very late at night. This means I effectively gain 2 days on my holiday and I fly from/to my local airport and don't need to waste time & money on a trip to/from London.

So, overall I am really happy with this outcome.
I am however unhappy with the lack of knowledge and lack of consistency from the various customer services teams at Garuda. It's as if none of them were singing from the same hymn sheet and didn't have much briefing prior to the cancellation emails being sent out to affected customers.
plunet likes this.

Last edited by Aston100; Oct 25, 2018 at 1:40 pm Reason: added some clarification
Old Oct 25, 2018, 1:44 pm

Sounds like a good outcome for you, especially the change to BHX. Thanks for sharing your experience, and although it's still a few months away, hope you have a great trip.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:12 pm
Original Poster

As ever, never say never with Indonesia, flights are reloaded from 27th November 3xweekly, no first class ! Hope try don't try to move us all back!
Old Nov 8, 2018, 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by sammyg901
As ever, never say never with Indonesia, flights are reloaded from 27th November 3xweekly, no first class ! Hope try don't try to move us all back!
Haha. What a surprise! Prices look horrendous though. Can’t see many bookings at Ł1200 economy LHR to DPS!
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by sammyg901
Is that a genuine possibility that they may rebook us back onto Garuda flights from the KLM flights I was moved to? I do hope not.
I've gone and booked all the hotels across the multiple locations I'm visiting, and most are non refundable.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:26 am

OMG. What are they playing at?
This certainly is going to be an interesting few weeks to see how this is going to play out. Like others I have now made non-refundable bookings around the fact that I arrive in Bangkok earlier that I would have done if I had gone via CGK on an overnight trip. This is turning into a real rollercoaster ride with added turbulence from Garada management.
Old Nov 9, 2018, 1:45 am
Original Poster

I can't believe that they would try it at this late change with all the disruption already caused, but then who knows with these guys, I really hope not! Will be keeping a very close eye on my booking for sure though

Really bizarre, if they wanted to slot sit surely they'd have been better off having KLM Cityhopper do it or similar (I remember years ago a Flightline BAE 146 running a "Qantas" Manchester to London service only bookable as part of an onward QF flight)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.