Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Garuda London - Jakarta zero'd out in GDS for W18-19

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2018, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by Sam Bee
I hope you're all getting what you want for your re-routings... in the meantime, here's a snippet from Kompas (an Indonesian language newspaper) that if translated right is making me chuckle:
the quoted person is not Lion officials, he is Bali's chief of ministry. we should not take it that seriously.
still, Lion ability to expand is more flexible than Garuda. but I can't imagine people flock into their aircraft for UK/EU unless they regularly match Norwegian promos out of Singapore.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:17 am

A data point.

I gave up waiting for a reply to my email. Called up at 10am, which is 4pm Jakarta time, seemed a good time to catch some one empowered to make decision.

Got the IVR of death twice ( it cuts off with a message telling you to use the website after 90 seconds), on the third try got an answer.

Kableen (I think) was fairly helpful. Understood the issue, and I think read a script offering two options.

a) accept the reroute on GA from AMS, with a connection on KLM
b) a full refund

I suggested that the change in schedule was unreasonable, and requested a direct routing, proposing MH, SQ and BA. I was asked to hold, ‘for two, five or perhaps a lot longer minutes.’

A 'lot longer minutes' (25) later of silent holding and Kableen was back. The offer was KLM - LHR-AMS-KUL with good timings. I pushed for something more direct, but the answer was fairly firmly that there was no availability. I know this to be true of MH and SQ in the cheaper codes on our dates, so fair enough.

I accepted the change, and was asked to confirm that I would not be able to change the booking again in the future.

At this point the system went down! A lot longer minutes later Kableen was back to say the system was up and that she would rebook. Confirmed my number and email. Which as it turns out was a good thing.

I held for a 'very lot longer minutes'. 30 minutes later, two emails confirming a PNR change arrived, closely followed by being cut off. It was exactly 11am, 5pm in Jakarta. No comment.

So, we have a confirmed reservation on KLM, in C class, which appears to be ticketed on the original GA ticket numbers. There’s a note saying the tickets are not yet confirmed. I can see the PNR with the GA ticket number, and select seats on the KLM website. I’ll call up later to close out the ticket issue, and check that all is good.

Overall, a right royal pain in the arse. However, better timings, no overnight in CGK and an extra day in Malaysia. For what I paid in the first place that’s a result.

An unexpected bonus....if all goes well I’ll now have enough KLM houses to stretch along one side of my office desk. More a comment on the size of my desk than any great love of KLM!

Now, wait for them to action unanswered email and stick us on SQ!
plunet likes this.

Last edited by mr_botak; Sep 4, 2018 at 2:56 pm
Old Sep 4, 2018, 6:23 am
Original Poster

My TA got back to me today - rerouted on SQ as requested - top result! SQ can see the bookings but there isn't a ticket yet but I guess it's still being worked on and plenty of seats available so no rush to select

Hope everyone gets sorted out soon
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Anyone tried a reroute on Cathay ?
Old Sep 5, 2018, 6:08 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mr_botak
I called up on Friday. First guy clueless, referred me to local ticket office. Hung up when I asked for an escalation. Second guy clearly understood the situation. Pushed a refund very hard, saying that his system only showed KLM options to connect with the AMS flight. No supervisor available. Insisted that his system showed no other carriers. Pushed a departure the following day in response to the much earlier timing required as a consequence of the shift to AMS. I said I’d call back.

Question to those that may have been rebooked on other carriers... what cabin and booking class were you in please?

No response to email to ebooking.
Managed to change Economy B ticket. It was booked LHR-CGK-DPS next April. Now changed to LHR-SIN on SQ and then SIN-DPS on GA. 4 hours change in SIN on way out and 2.5 on the way back but guess there are worse airports to wait in and much preferable to early start in Heathrow getting to Amsterdam and then change in Jakarta etc...

Arranged via Amsterdam office as booked through them originally and have always found them to be a lot more helpful and on it than London office.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 10:26 am

Booking reticketed today without any problems. Phew.

Thanks all all for the help and good luck to everyone else.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 3:49 pm

Programs: No Alliance - Best Fare Only
Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Anyone tried a reroute on Cathay ?
Hi,

Just to share, I managed to get my booking rerouted to Cathay today.

Booked via a travel agent (Opodo) for LHR - CGK - DPS. Garuda offered AMS - CGK - DPS which obviously didn't work.

I originally asked for a flight from LHR - AMS with KLM in order to make the Garuda flight but (luckily) travel agent wasn't able to get through. After seeing that a few of you managed to get rebooked on other airlines, I asked my travel agent to push for Cathay and after a crazy long hold, I was issued with LHR - HKG - DPS.

So a big thank you to everyone at Flyertalk - I really have learnt a lot and the family now actually enjoys flying as opposed to dreading it!

Good luck with the rebooking!
Sisyphus1carus and plunet like this.
Old Sep 5, 2018, 8:36 pm
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

I hope you're all getting what you want for your re-routings... in the meantime, here's a snippet from Kompas (an Indonesian language newspaper) that if translated right is making me chuckle:
that should be interesting though, should it ever materialise. I would imagine such flight being operated by Batik or something. Ever since the EU flight ban being lifted, many Indonesian Airlines have been stating their aspirations to fly to Europe. Among those, Sriwijaya Air as well.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by clubeurope
that should be interesting though, should it ever materialise. I would imagine such flight being operated by Batik or something. Ever since the EU flight ban being lifted, many Indonesian Airlines have been stating their aspirations to fly to Europe. Among those, Sriwijaya Air as well.
It's just bluster**. I'm sure we won't have a UK - Indonesia flight for another 15 years when Garuda tries again *

*although BA staff were in Jakarta to look at opening a route prior to Garuda launching - it was even announced in the local papers. Was never clear if a SIN/KUL tag on or a 787 route so you never know...
**I imagine they would do something crazy like route it via Mecca if they did try
clubeurope likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 5:54 am

It's just bluster**. I'm sure we won't have a UK - Indonesia flight for another 15 years when Garuda tries again *

*although BA staff were in Jakarta to look at opening a route prior to Garuda launching - it was even announced in the local papers. Was never clear if a SIN/KUL tag on or a 787 route so you never know...
**I imagine they would do something crazy like route it via Mecca if they did try
it would be fun to watch though...

regarding BA, I really wished they actually introduced a tag on flight to Jakarta... you're bound to see me on that flight
Sam Bee likes this.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 11:57 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Hi, what are the business class fare codes they are accepting to move people into on other airlines ? Is it anything but J ?
Is 'I' Okay ?

My originals are booked in 'I'.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 12:30 pm

Yes 'I' worked for me.
Old Sep 6, 2018, 1:47 pm

Programs: No Alliance - Best Fare Only
Same here. Originally booked in "I" and re-booked into "D". Have to say, we're actually very happy with the result. The flight times with Cathay are much better than our original with booking with Garuda.

Good luck
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Benny18
As a substitute for the London route, continued Pahala, Garuda will concentrate on opening other international routes. There are three destinations that will be targeted, namely Paris in France, Manila in the Philippines, and Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam.

However, the three routes will not be opened this year. As is known, the process of opening an international route requires a long process.
that's what they say, but not necessarily what's going to be done.

I've heard of GA saying they will open Manila and Saigon for years on end, without any results.
Old Sep 7, 2018, 3:23 am

Originally Posted by blueferrari
the quoted person is not Lion officials, he is Bali's chief of ministry. we should not take it that seriously.
still, Lion ability to expand is more flexible than Garuda. but I can't imagine people flock into their aircraft for UK/EU unless they regularly match Norwegian promos out of Singapore.
come to the think of it, with the current Lion management, I kind of think they will be crazy enough to open a flight to the EU/UK. most probably with a stop in KUL or something. i understand they dont have the plane, but that is for now.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.