Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Garuda London - Jakarta zero'd out in GDS for W18-19

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2018, 5:35 am
Original Poster

Thanks for letting us know. I finally spoke to Travelup who seemed highly amused about the current country change and promised to get on the case and I let them know my preference for SQ, so I will see what they can come up with for now
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:02 am

Programs: BA Gold
Any one with a successful outcome over the past few days they can share?

Need some hope.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:11 am

I called up on Friday. First guy clueless, referred me to local ticket office. Hung up when I asked for an escalation. Second guy clearly understood the situation. Pushed a refund very hard, saying that his system only showed KLM options to connect with the AMS flight. No supervisor available. Insisted that his system showed no other carriers. Pushed a departure the following day in response to the much earlier timing required as a consequence of the shift to AMS. I said I’d call back.

Question to those that may have been rebooked on other carriers... what cabin and booking class were you in please?

No response to email to ebooking.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 3:23 am

Programs: BAEC
I've had similar - I tried calling the Jakarta contact centre Sunday pm (when it was late evening Sunday local time) - option 2, 2, 2 - call was answered immediately. I explained that although I could be reasonably flexible about the outbound flight, my options to return were quite constrained, and the timing of the GA flights from CGK to AMS can't meet my schedule as I can't leave a day earlier and I need to back to work in London the following day and getting into AMS at 0740 is not going to work. The agent acknowledged that this was an issue, but other than confirming a flight plan on GA with KLM connections to London with the staff available to him at that time there was noone who could approve a reroute onto a another carrier and that "rebooking onto other carriers was a grey area". He suggested to leave it a few days and calling back Monday to Friday during local office hours when there were more senior staff around.

Email to ebooking @ HQ as per the facebook page has gone unanswered.
I've tried emailing London ticketing, and may try another call in a few days.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:14 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by mr_botak
I called up on Friday. First guy clueless, referred me to local ticket office. Hung up when I asked for an escalation. Second guy clearly understood the situation. Pushed a refund very hard, saying that his system only showed KLM options to connect with the AMS flight. No supervisor available. Insisted that his system showed no other carriers. Pushed a departure the following day in response to the much earlier timing required as a consequence of the shift to AMS. I said I’d call back.

Question to those that may have been rebooked on other carriers... what cabin and booking class were you in please?

No response to email to ebooking.

I was on a one way booking LHR-CGK-BKK in I class

Have been rebooked to SQ in J class for LHR-SIN-CGK ,with the I class flight from CGK-BKK kept unchanged.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 5:23 am

Originally Posted by Jermyn
Have been rebooked to SQ in J class for LHR-SIN-CGK ,with the I class flight from CGK-BKK kept unchanged.
Interesting, useful feedback @Jermyn. Did you attempt a conversation to get routed LHR-SIN-BKK without going via CGK, or were you happy to keep the last sector on GA?

Last edited by plunet; Sep 3, 2018 at 5:25 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:26 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: Ronin - churn and burn
Originally Posted by plunet
Interesting, useful feedback @Jermyn. Did you attempt a conversation to get routed LHR-SIN-BKK without going via CGK, or were you happy to keep the last sector on GA?
I had plans in CGK so was happy to keep the routing.

Initially I was offered LHR-SIN on SQ followed by a late GA flight to CGK but was able to gently push for the SIN-CGK segment to be put on SQ as well, getting me into CGK around 4 hours earlier than GA.
plunet likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 6:35 am

Thumbs up

I had plans in CGK so was happy to keep the routing.

Initially I was offered LHR-SIN on SQ followed by a late GA flight to CGK but was able to gently push for the SIN-CGK segment to be put on SQ as well, getting me into CGK around 4 hours earlier than GA.
Result! ^
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:16 am

Thanks. Well done! We are also I class. I’ll have a go tomorrow morning with the call centre.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 9:36 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA silver, GA silver
I called and request them to change my flight to SQ right away. The person on the phone seems to be aware of whats goingon, he worked on my request right away and only have one SQ flight available for the day of my flight. I also told him from the beginning transitting through AMS won't work since it was too early. A couple of hours later got a new eticket with the SQ Flights and able to select seats. Probably being Indonesian might help a bit in my case, I called them saturday evening.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 11:42 am

As a substitute for the London route, continued Pahala, Garuda will concentrate on opening other international routes. There are three destinations that will be targeted, namely Paris in France, Manila in the Philippines, and Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam.

However, the three routes will not be opened this year. As is known, the process of opening an international route requires a long process.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
If I actually get re-routed will I get air miles from Garuda still or potentially Cathay/Singapore?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 1:31 am

Originally Posted by mflat
If I actually get re-routed will I get air miles from Garuda still or potentially Cathay/Singapore?
You are often able to 'double dip' in this situation
  1. You put the relevant (not GA or Skyteam) FF number into the SQ or CX booking for that operator, and your miles should be awarded as per usual.
  2. After you have flown you can then try to retro-claim an Original Routing credit (ie. Based upon your LHR - CGK ++ route) from GA due to their involuntary reroute. This bit is more likely to fail as it needs human intervention, and policy varies per airline and FF program. Keep your boarding passes just incase you need proof.
So the answer is yes, maybe twice, but with caveats.
Old Sep 4, 2018, 2:28 am

Programs: TK-G | Accor P | SQ-G | Marriott T
Originally Posted by walkingtall
London route is not being cancelled , it is changing to CGK- LHR-DPS-CGK

new schedule will be released shortly , first clsss will remain
DPS isn always a leisure market. Wonder if F can even survive.

I think the challenge still remind as far as I know. CGK run way still cannot handle full load of B77W on daily basis, as this was why AMS/LHR was rotated with some via SIN.

I saw that F will (or have been) removed also on AMS route. So I wonder, does it means GA has reconfigured its 77W to be 2 classes now?
Old Sep 4, 2018, 3:56 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
I hope you're all getting what you want for your re-routings... in the meantime, here's a snippet from Kompas (an Indonesian language newspaper) that if translated right is making me chuckle:

Yuniartha said the Indonesian low-cost airline Lion Air plans to fly between London and Bali, saying the materialization of this new route will occur before the end of 2018

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.