Garuda London - Jakarta zero'd out in GDS for W18-19

Old Aug 21, 2018, 8:43 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeAman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by plunet
I would imagine that reroutes if they can't accomodate you on their planes might be onto Ethihad with whom they have code shares, or onto SkyTeam member airlines. At a random guess I would say MH is unlikely.

I just wish they would make up their minds, I'm off to BKK with a stopover in Jakarta for the Christmas holiday period, and if rebooking is required I would prefer that is done sooner rather than later so I can start to plan.
interestingly, GA used to codeshare with MH for flights to London.
Old Aug 21, 2018, 10:12 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by clubeurope
interestingly, GA used to codeshare with MH for flights to London.
Interesting indeed, and would have been a good operational fit. I wonder if those codeshares failed to be renewed when MH joined Oneworld?
Old Aug 21, 2018, 2:16 pm

Interesting indeed, and would have been a good operational fit. I wonder if those codeshares failed to be renewed when MH joined Oneworld?
I recalled that they didn't renew the codeshare on long hauls when Garuda decided to sign a partnership agreement with Etihad. This was from when Garuda first restarted their Amsterdam flights in 2010 or so and had a stop in Dubai. After the partnership, they changed the stop to Abu Dhabi and GA passengers can connect to other EY flights.

Before that, virtually all long haul flights (except for AMS until 2004) was codeshared on MH.
plunet likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: asia miles
from airlineroute

https://www.routesonline.com/news/38...late-oct-2018/
Old Aug 22, 2018, 5:17 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by blandy62
To be fair they are simply re-iterating what's been on here for months - that flights have been pulled from being bookable.

Existing bookings still havn't been cancelled, and nothing official from GA.
plunet and clubeurope like this.
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:43 pm

Programs: BAEC
A number of blogs picked up on this after business traveller covered it earlier this week. After I made a comment the writer for business traveller has confirmed

AMcWhirter
Posted on 24/08/2018Garuda has confirmed to Dutch media that London will be axed from its European network from October 28.
It will operate all six of its weekly flights non-stop (in both directions) between Amsterdam and Jakarta. Currently some of Garudas Jakarta-Amsterdam flights make a refuelling stop in Singapore a result of the weak Jakarta runway which limits take-off weight
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:14 am

Thanks... anyone been contacted with regard to refund/rebooking?
Old Aug 25, 2018, 12:48 am
Original Poster

Nope - until they actually cancel the flights then nothing is going to happen (and this being Indonesia there still could be a twist in the tale anyway!!)
Old Aug 25, 2018, 2:49 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Are the AMS-CGK flights operated on the same type of planes ?
Thinking of any changes to my J seat & experience this might mean.
Aslong as they still provide us decent seating & flatbed in biz I won't be too concerned.
​​​​​
Myself and my two elderly parents are booked LHR-CGK-BKK return in December.
Have a stopover in CGK each way (one night) with hotels already booked too.
​​​​​

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Aug 25, 2018 at 3:00 am
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:01 am

Yes I believe the B777 is also used AMS to CGK. But note LHR to AMS with KLM does not have proper Business Class they have a 3 Seat economy arrangement with the middle seat blocked off!
Sisyphus1carus likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:10 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
A number of blogs picked up on this after business traveller covered it earlier this week. After I made a comment the writer for business traveller has confirmed
Strange. Garuda could not confirm to our site the route will be suspended.
Starting 28 Oct, the stop in SIN on the return will be discontinued, making the inbound non-stop as well.
AMS flights are currently flown with a two-class 777 so no F and less J seats. Seat type is the same.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 3:14 am

It's 777-300ER, at the moment AMS is I think a two class config, versus LHR being a three class config. It's the same J seat.

I've looked at the option of routing via AMS, albeit to KUL, but I imagine BKK to be similar.

All other things remaining equal:
The bad news is the very early start from LHR required to make the 11am ish AMS-CGK flight. This will be a 737, so an economy seat with the middle seat blocked. There should be lounge access in T4.
The good news is you might not need that overnight in CGK either way, as you can probably connect onwards the same day now, gaining you a day in BKK and getting you back to LHR in the morning rather than mid evening.

It was a leisurely faff, but cheap to start with. Now a very very long day both ways.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by Sisyphus1carus
Are the AMS-CGK flights operated on the same type of planes ?
Thinking of any changes to my J seat & experience this might mean.
Aslong as they still provide us decent seating & flatbed in biz I won't be too concerned.
​​​​​
Myself and my two elderly parents are booked LHR-CGK-BKK return in December.
Have a stopover in CGK each way (one night) with hotels already booked too.
​​​​​
Originally Posted by KPascall
Yes I believe the B777 is also used AMS to CGK. But note LHR to AMS with KLM does not have proper Business Class they have a 3 Seat economy arrangement with the middle seat blocked off!
Yeahh it's a 77W but w/o First Class. So the front cabin will be a large wholly J cabin, and J won't have any small cabins. Same seats too...

And a the euro business on KLM shouldn't be too bad for what's effectively an hour's flight. The service is pretty good too.
Old Aug 25, 2018, 10:50 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Thanks for the replies :-)
I shall watch this thread with great interest.

I hope my dates can stay the same for the longhaul.
I'd be surprised if they have enough J seats to accommodate those passengers booked on the AMS-CGK and LHR-CGK into one plane every day :-(

I'd rather go a day earlier though than be downgraded to economy, that would be a disaster and impossible for me to manage with my terrible chronic back problem :-(

I think I'll see if we can go to AMS the day before too and have a night there if it's possible so as to minimise the amount of hanging around at airports in one day and avoid a very early start from home.
Would suit my parents better.

The loss of a first class cabin is a shame too as I'd have kept an eye out for any decent cash upgrade deals - but pales in significance to my other concerns / replanning.

Out of interest, where do people tend to credit points from Garuda ? Never flown them before and if they are ditching LHR I doubt I will again (crazy cheap ex-eu prices withstanding).
Maybe I should try to do a status match out of OneWorld to get some status in their alliance before all this unfold too. Any suggestions for this ?

Nothing's ever easy is it !!!

Thanks for any and all advice :-)

Last edited by Sisyphus1carus; Aug 25, 2018 at 10:56 am
Old Aug 25, 2018, 1:28 pm

I suspect London J loads were in the single figures, so there may be scope. Personally I'll ask for a re-route onto a different carrier or refund on grounds of the timing change.

I tend to credit skyteam to CI. Have a look at where to credit.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.