Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Garuda London - Jakarta zero'd out in GDS for W18-19

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2018, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL PM, Global Entry, TSA Pre√
Oh man, just discovered this thread... I am booked for a GA Business ticket LHR-CGK departing November 29th and returning December 11th, 2018. I haven't heard anything yet, but sounds like I may be getting contacted at some point to reroute or be refunded? This is already a pretty complicated itinerary involving other connecting flights booked separately from JFK on Virgin Atlantic. What a hassle.

Last edited by TWAnonrev; Jul 30, 2018 at 8:16 pm
Old Jul 30, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: BAEC
Considering that inventory for W18 was withdrawn two months ago, that's a long time to not have flights available for sale. Much as I hope to be able to fly GA I suspect that they are going to end up pulling the route. But I just wish they would hurry up and make a decision so we can all move on - being in limbo means I can't plan.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 12:19 am

Last years schedule changes were announced in September. I'm with you - I need to plan - I may write in and see if there's anything proactive that can be done. A refund would be ideal.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 9:06 am

I emailed [email protected] today, I wasn't pushing or suggesting to cancel as I would probably take a reroute if they pulled the flight, but was asking if there was any date by which a decision might be made. A reroute would have a significant impact on timings as my current itinerary has a stopover on Jakarta.

Thank you for taking the time to email Garuda Indonesia.

We are still awaiting information regarding rescheduling of the Winter Schedule from Garuda Indonesia In Jakarta.

We are advising passengers/customers to keep checking the website as when they come back into schedule they will appear on the website.

Unfortunately we do not have anymore information regarding what the rescheduling is involving, nothing has been confirmed by Jakarta as of yet.
No useful update then, or at least nothing the UK staff can share.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: DL PM, Global Entry, TSA Pre√
Thank you, Plunet. That is helpful to know. Stay tuned I guess.
Old Jul 31, 2018, 2:19 pm

Thanks for that... my guess is it'll be September at some point when something happens.
Old Aug 1, 2018, 5:36 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Originally Posted by plunet
I emailed [email protected] today, I wasn't pushing or suggesting to cancel as I would probably take a reroute if they pulled the flight, but was asking if there was any date by which a decision might be made. A reroute would have a significant impact on timings as my current itinerary has a stopover on Jakarta.

No useful update then, or at least nothing the UK staff can share.
Thanks for sharing. The only information I have is there is lots of pushing / pulling over a re-schedule to make Oz connections easy and practical, and just to pull the flights. Incredible how much business they are losing in the meantime.
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:08 am
Original Poster

Well they're pretty much making the decision inevitable - two months of no sales is going to have lost so much business the route will be un viable to continue in any form
Old Aug 4, 2018, 2:17 am
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
Just checked the GA website at 9am (UK time). Seems that fares have started to be loaded via AMS and not direct anymore? Does that all but confirm the cancellation of the LHR-CGK direct flights?

Last edited by siw; Aug 4, 2018 at 2:24 am
Old Aug 4, 2018, 12:31 pm

Programs: EK Siver, Dusit Gold, Cycling Proficiency Test, Tufty Club Member and Le Club Accorhotels Platinum
looks like it - what a shame. They'll probably make more revenue from the lease of the LHR slot
Old Aug 5, 2018, 2:11 am

Interesting, thanks for noticing @siw that there are now connecting flights available via AMS.

Having just tried to replay my booking for December, what is also interesting is that GA appear to have a codeshare on Etihad flights from Heathrow through to Jakarta. Is this also a new development?

My actual destination is Bangkok, and my original trip plan had a stopover in Jakarta. But more interestingly there are direct Etihad codeshares for BKK - AUH - LHR...

Last edited by plunet; Aug 5, 2018 at 2:15 am Reason: added info for BKK codeshares
Old Aug 5, 2018, 7:13 am
Original Poster

From what I remember, all these options would show up when the London flights were there. Then it stopped showing anything at all

06:30 start is not going to be wonderful if we are rerouted via AMS and there are 15 biz passengers on my flight, though I'll be wanting to travel the following morning and will be happy to go to AMS on the last flight the night before instead also no flights after 5pm on a Saturday in December?!

Last edited by sammyg901; Aug 5, 2018 at 7:25 am
Old Aug 8, 2018, 5:32 am

Update

I've just come off the phone from Garuda London who state that as far as they are aware the CGK-LHR winter schedule is still being "restructured" and they don't know what the restructure is nor when flights will be released. So it looks like the routes now showing via AMS may be a temporary workaround rather than the final solution. I also have flights booked to BKK with a stopover in CGK in February and not keen on these timings and routes so fingers crossed the final solution will be better.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: BA GGL, GA PLAT, SQ Gold
London route is not being cancelled , it is changing to CGK- LHR-DPS-CGK

new schedule will be released shortly , first clsss will remain
ballogie and clubeurope like this.
Old Aug 9, 2018, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by walkingtall
London route is not being cancelled , it is changing to CGK- LHR-DPS-CGK

new schedule will be released shortly , first clsss will remain
Let's hope you're right @walkingtall - 9 weeks now without the flights or schedule being in the GDS.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.