Search

China Airlines and Thai/Eva interline

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2018, 6:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
China Airlines and Thai/Eva interline

Hi,

i want to fly MEL-TPE on CI (1st ticket) and then continue TPE-BKK (BR) and BKK-KHI (TG) (2md ticket)

will I be able to check bags through to KHI when checking in at MEL? Layover in TPE is roughly 3 hours but want to avoid hassle of immigration/rechecking bags etc

thanns
Old May 25, 2018, 7:52 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Per CI's website, they will not check the bags for you all the way (even though they do have interline agreement).
https://www.china-airlines.com/us/en...hecked-baggage

You can ask at MEL but likely you will get a no since they are separate tickets.

You can ask the transfer agent in TPE to get ground staff to get the bags for you by presenting the baggage receipts, but you will need to wait there till they grab the bags before you can transfer. Personally I don't think that's faster than you grabbing your stuff in TPE since you are likely not going to run into a lot of people at 6 am in the morning.
Old May 25, 2018, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF WP, QR GOLD, TK GOLD, EY GOLD, AF/KLM GOLD
Thanks For the response. Do you think 3 hours should be enough time to do immigration and checking in again?
Old May 25, 2018, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Originally Posted by zainman
Thanks For the response. Do you think 3 hours should be enough time to do immigration and checking in again?
3 hours is more than enough.

I would say it takes about 5 to 40 minutes depending on the line to clear immigration (and your bags should already be there for you if you wait 40 minutes).

A short walk to clear customs and walk upstairs to check in, probably another 10 minutes. Check in will depend on the line (likely a zoo early in the morning, though).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.