Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Philippine Airline Mabuhay Lounge Access

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 11:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
I know I am replying to a somewhat older thread, but I was just in the Mabuhay Lounge last week at MNL.

It's OK, but nothing to write home about. Reminds me of domestic UA lounges at someplace like Dulles. Just very pedestrian. But better than sitting in the terminal which, like the rest of NAIA, is third world hell.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by syntraveller89
Unless you have Elite status with Mabuhay Miles, the only way to get in is a) be guested by someone with premier elite or million miler status b) hold a PNB platinum mabuhay miles card c) have strong "connections" with the right people within PAL to get you in or d) bid/pay for a business class upgrade
There is another option – access with Etihad Gold. They stopped giving status matches, but you can purchase the status with ASW package.
Old Mar 13, 2019, 3:27 pm

Programs: NZ Elite Partner/Silver (in own right), PR Classic, QF Bronze, UA Member, VA Red
why is it hell? I don't get that.

If we are talking T2 it's busy for sure, food options basic but food is edible, toilets usually busy - but lately found to be clean. Check-in, security and immigration lines all move very quickly.
Old Mar 24, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AC 50K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
PAL International Lounge updates?

I recall reading PAL was moving their international lounge to a new location. Any updates on this, or is it still the same tired lounge in T2?
Old Mar 24, 2019, 11:02 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by YVR guy
I recall reading PAL was moving their international lounge to a new location. Any updates on this, or is it still the same tired lounge in T2?
I assume its same tired one, near gates 7 and 8. Was in there yesterday. It's hardly a destination in itself, but I have been in worse and marginally better than the overcrowded terminal outside.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 5:38 am

Programs: MPCGO

PR will be moving some flights to T1 starting 31/03 including flights to JFK. See here: https://www.philippineairlines.com/e.../flights-uset1
Old Mar 25, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AC 50K MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
PAL use of PAGSS lounge T1 MNL

Originally Posted by mbamejia
PR will be moving some flights to T1 starting 31/03 including flights to JFK. See here: https://www.philippineairlines.com/e.../flights-uset1
Yikes... the reviews I've read for the PAGSS lounge in T1 sound even worse than the Mabuhay lounge in T2. How can this be considered an improvement? sigh...
Old Mar 25, 2019, 3:32 pm

Programs: DL DM, PR, TG, UA, CX (Asia Miles), BT, AY, AA
Yikes... the reviews I've read for the PAGSS lounge in T1 sound even worse than the Mabuhay lounge in T2. How can this be considered an improvement? sigh...
The PAGSS Lounge at Terminal 1 was recently renovated. It's arguably the nicest lounge at Terminal 1 so far, and is much better than the last time I passed through this lounge a few years ago. PR is using PAGSS temporarily while their Mabuhay Lounge (on the fourth floor, which is where their lounge used to be before they moved out) is under construction.

I'm not passing through the lounge until January 2020 (as MU also uses this lounge), but I did pass by it last Sunday and it looked really snazzy from the outside. Too bad KE, CI and QF still use the old neighboring PAGSS Lounges (to be renovated soon, though) right across from the renovated one.
SPN Lifer and barracuda93 like this.

Last edited by Akiestar; Mar 25, 2019 at 4:33 pm
Old Mar 25, 2019, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Akiestar
The PAGSS Lounge at Terminal 1 was recently renovated. It's arguably the nicest lounge at Terminal 1 so far, and is much better than the last time I passed through this lounge a few years ago. PR is using PAGSS temporarily while their Mabuhay Lounge (on the fourth floor, which is where their lounge used to be before they moved out) is under construction.

I'm not passing through the lounge until January 2020 (as MU also uses this lounge), but I did pass by it last Sunday and it looked really snazzy from the outside. Too bad KE, CI and QF still use the old neighboring PAGSS Lounges (to be renovated soon, though) right across from the renovated one.
I actually found the PAGSS lounges in T1 quite horrible. Went through there last December on a couple of J tickets in TG and was directed to the PAGSS lounge. Aircon not working, lousy food, old and uncomfortable furnishings. The designated TG lounge wasn't much better.

I hope they step up with the new lounges they are currently constructing.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:08 pm

Originally Posted by mbamejia
I actually found the PAGSS lounges in T1 quite horrible. Went through there last December on a couple of J tickets in TG and was directed to the PAGSS lounge. Aircon not working, lousy food, old and uncomfortable furnishings. The designated TG lounge wasn't much better.

I hope they step up with the new lounges they are currently constructing.
Which PAGSS Lounge did you go to? TG probably redirected you to the PAGSS Lounges used by CI, KE and QF (which they market as the QF Lounge and the KE Lounge respectively), which haven't been renovated yet and -- I agree -- are horrible. Those lounges are set to be renovated later this year, based on what I've been told. Meanwhile, the renovated PAGSS Lounge -- the main lounge -- is the one across from it, which is used by PR, MU, CZ and a bunch of other airlines. I believe that opened in the last three months.

Apparently, PAGSS determines lounge access based on how much the airline is willing to pay. Penny-pinching airlines like KE and CI get the crappy lounge, while the airlines willing to pay more get the nice lounge.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 9:45 pm

Which PAGSS Lounge did you go to? TG probably redirected you to the PAGSS Lounges used by CI, KE and QF (which they market as the QF Lounge and the KE Lounge respectively), which haven't been renovated yet and -- I agree -- are horrible. Those lounges are set to be renovated later this year, based on what I've been told. Meanwhile, the renovated PAGSS Lounge -- the main lounge -- is the one across from it, which is used by PR, MU, CZ and a bunch of other airlines. I believe that opened in the last three months.

Apparently, PAGSS determines lounge access based on how much the airline is willing to pay. Penny-pinching airlines like KE and CI get the crappy lounge, while the airlines willing to pay more get the nice lounge.
I guess bottom line is that at present, the lounges in T1 are not much better than hanging out at Starbucks. I'm glad I mostly fly out of T3 with access to the CX lounge. Provides some semblance of civility in the madhouse that is MNL.
Old Mar 25, 2019, 11:39 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
The PAGSS Lounge at Terminal 1 was recently renovated. It's arguably the nicest lounge at Terminal 1 so far, and is much better than the last time I passed through this lounge a few years ago.
I can confirm that the renovated PAGSS lounge at T1 is very decent, both in its design and food offerings. Better than both legacy lounges at T3 and perhaps slightly inferior to the new PAGSS T3.
Old Apr 8, 2019, 3:57 am

Programs: Gov't Travel Aficionado, UA Plat
So I couldn't find this online, but does everyone who holds a boarding pass for a business class seat get lounge access? Looking at flying out of PPS to MNL and given how American carriers do lounge access I can never be too sure about a domestic flight no matter the country.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by therossinator
So I couldn't find this online, but does everyone who holds a boarding pass for a business class seat get lounge access? Looking at flying out of PPS to MNL and given how American carriers do lounge access I can never be too sure about a domestic flight no matter the country.
Yes, if you're flying in Mabuhay Class on a domestic flight, you get lounge access. PPS has a Mabuhay Lounge for that purpose.
Old Apr 14, 2019, 4:56 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL PM, AA Nobody, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Wanted to put in my 2 cents on the PAGSS lounge in T1 at NAIA. I flew J on BR and they use this lounge.

The food was average/OK and better than the Mabuhay lounge. Then again, a high school cafeteria would be better than the Mabuhay Lounge.

The real problem in PAGSS is like a lot of things in the Philippines is the TERRIBLE, non-existent customer service. The people working the lounge acted like all of the passengers were a nuisance. I felt like I was in line at SM. The truth to the lie about customer service in the Philippines is if the employees aren't specifically well-trained, they are terrible, terrible, terrible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.