FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   Air Tahiti Nui / TN 787-9 “Tahitian Dreamliner” (as of 2018) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1908732-air-tahiti-nui-tn-787-9-tahitian-dreamliner-2018-a.html)

JDiver May 10, 2018 11:46 am

Air Tahiti Nui / TN 787-9 “Tahitian Dreamliner” (as of 2018)

24 Attachment(s)
Information transferred to community updated Wikipost.

See below for routings early 2029 and “Tahitian Dreamliner” seat chart.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...97269fdde.jpeg
Poerava Business extended seat — The Points Guy

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2f0e37fff.jpeg
Poerava Business 2 x 2 x 2 seats — The Points Guy

JDiver Jan 6, 2019 4:03 pm

Updated information in the first post.

AA and AS are partners in the US.

Often overlooked among the aspirational awards to Tahiti (and onward travel via non-partner Air Tahiti to Bora Bora, Fakarava, Rangiroa and the small Tetiaroa for The Brando. Again: Air Tahiti Nui does not fly to those islands; Air Tahiti, which is not affiliated with TN, does.

Moorea is more accessible and economical by fast Aremiti ferry.

NOTE: Contrary to most one world agreements, Qantas (and Japan Airlines is likely) marketed codeshare tickets on flights operated by Air Tahiti Nui will earn American Airlines AAdvantage miles in accordance with the Qantas partner airline earning charts on aa.com.

sgan317 Jan 13, 2019 4:14 pm

Anyone know if they do cheap airport upgrades?

Rifleman69 Jan 15, 2019 3:46 pm

Glad to see this thread, still thinking about heading back in 2021 on Air Tahiti than Hawaiian....can dictate the length of vacation via Air Tahiti Nui vs Hawaiian which is one flight in and one flight out.

JDiver Jan 17, 2019 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by sgan317 (Post 30650511)

They sell counter upgrades if there are seats available if you’re on a TN marketed flight. If you’re on an AA, QF etc. I’ve been told they don’t (I was flying an AA codeshare). But define “cheap”...

sgan317 Jan 18, 2019 4:34 am

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 30668275)
They sell counter upgrades if there are seats available if you’re on a TN marketed flight. If you’re on an AA, QF etc. I’ve been told they don’t (I was flying an AA codeshare). But define “cheap”...

Flying AKL-PPT. Was hoping for a $200-300 PE or J upgrade

exwannabe Jan 19, 2019 12:18 pm

That 2-3-2 in premium economy is a nice configuration. Have never flown in a 787, but for 777 which is just a few inches wider the PE seats are almost always 2-4-2.

Rifleman69 Mar 4, 2019 5:08 pm

Anyone flown on one of these since they went live?

sgan317 Mar 4, 2019 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by Rifleman69 (Post 30848162)
Anyone flown on one of these since they went live?

I got to review their premium economy from AKL-PPT a few weeks ago. Great product. I had a friend in Business who was dissatisfied with the food and seat but had great service

https://samchui.com/2019/02/13/revie...emium-economy/

Rifleman69 Mar 5, 2019 10:30 am

Great post, thank you for the review.

JDiver Apr 14, 2019 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by sgan317 (Post 30650511)

If there are empty Poerava Business or Moana Premium seats available, Air Tahiti Nui often sells these as counter upgrades. I recall a few years ago LAX-PPT was offered for USD $800. These aspirational upgrades do not sell cheaply, and they tend to not sell counter upgrades if you are flying on another airline’s codeshare (we flew as an AA marketed flight operated by TN and were denied counter upgrades LAX-PPT though seats were available).

Sam Chui shared in his excellent February 2019 review of Moana Premium:

For anyone looking to upgrade at check-in, for this trip premium economy upgrades were available from $460 NZD (~$315 USD) and business class from $580 NZD (~$396 USD) pending availability.

OskiBear Apr 21, 2019 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by JDiver (Post 30999678)
If there are empty Poerava Business or Moana Premium seats available, Air Tahiti Nui often sells these as counter upgrades. I recall a few years ago LAX-PPT was offered for USD $800. These aspirational upgrades do not sell cheaply, and they tend to not sell counter upgrades if you are flying on another airline’s codeshare (we flew as an AA marketed flight operated by TN and were denied counter upgrades LAX-PPT though seats were available).

Sam Chui shared in his excellent February 2019 review of Moana Premium:

I flew LAX-PPT last week and they had a sheet of paper offering upsells at the check-in counter. Out of curiosity, I inquired. The agent looked up our fare code (we were on an AA codeshare) and then consulted his printed chart. I can't recall the price exactly (around $600 to premium economy and well over $1,000 for business) but they were both pretty pricey for the upgrade.

FleyeSkyHigh Jun 2, 2019 5:22 pm

For anyone that is flying Air Tahiti Nui soon, there have been some cancellations and last minute equipment swaps lately due to one of their remaining three Airbus A340-313 (Reg: F-OSEA) being out of service. That leaves them with just four planes to operate all of their routes. Mostly has affected the PPT-NRT and PPT-AKL flights. But the NRT route has the potential for the largest impact since they only operate to/from Narita once a week. I was affected last week and was re-booked on AA NRT-LAX and then TN LAX-PPT. Others were sent to via Sydney and Auckland (on JL and NZ).

Not sure what the problem is or if the out of service 343 will come back or they will operate without a spare bird until their next 789 delivery which is eminent (F-OVAA is already in test flights by Boeing). In addition, I am told that new 789 may remain as a spare at PPT for a while due to their shortage of Dreamliner pilots.

michael_v Jun 12, 2019 2:28 pm

What is the best seat in business for a solo traveler for an overnight flight?

sgan317 Jun 12, 2019 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v (Post 31196346)
What is the best seat in business for a solo traveler for an overnight flight?

A seat in the Middle section, not in the first or last row. They are all equally the same.

First row will have a larger foot well but you will be competing for sleep against galley light and noise