Wiki Posts
Search

Garuda First Class NRT-DPS

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2018, 1:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Garuda First Class NRT-DPS

Planning a trip to Bali and noticed the non stop NRT-DPS GA flight is a 777 with first class. Does this route indeed feature the same highly regarded GA long haul first class as they do on their flights to London? Also for experienced GA travelers, does the airline release first class awards close to departure, or am I better off trying to upgrade at the airport?

Thanks
Old Apr 16, 2018, 2:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, NH Plat, Former UA 1K
I don't know if they do the full service that they would do on the long haul but it's the same plane. They've changed it now but JL also used to do a plane with F on TYO-CGK, I'm surprised there is enough of a market for F Japan to Indonesia, or I guess in JLs case, maybe there wasn't.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 11:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by dvs7310
I don't know if they do the full service that they would do on the long haul but it's the same plane. They've changed it now but JL also used to do a plane with F on TYO-CGK, I'm surprised there is enough of a market for F Japan to Indonesia, or I guess in JLs case, maybe there wasn't.
Thanks for the reply. I was also pretty shocked to see GA utilize their flagship plane on this route I mean TYO-CGK I guess I can understand, but to DPS was very surprising.
Old Apr 16, 2018, 12:52 pm
siw

Programs: AF-KL Platinum, ALL Platinum
All though PK-GIF and PK-GIG (the 2 B77Ws with First cabin) have been used consistently on the DPS-NRT recently the First option cannot be selected for a booking on a random date (don't know how to post smaller thunbnail images). I would have thought First would sell on this holiday destination route for weathly Japanese tourists, but I'm not an expert in this subject. First is only available CGK-LHR 3x per week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.