China Airlines PE vs Air China Biz

Old Apr 11, 18, 10:32 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Goa, India
Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,006
China Airlines PE vs Air China Biz

I have to fly from India-LAX-India next month and my options are China Airlines in PE+J (DEL-TPE is J and TPE-LAX is PE) ($1600) or Air China in all the way in J ($2200).

How easy is transit in PEK vs TPE and is the $600 premium worth it for the flat bed on the longer 11h sector?
Anish is offline  
Old Apr 12, 18, 2:20 am
  #2  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 33,380
Originally Posted by Anish View Post
I have to fly from India-LAX-India next month and my options are China Airlines in PE+J (DEL-TPE is J and TPE-LAX is PE) ($1600) or Air China in all the way in J ($2200).

How easy is transit in PEK vs TPE and is the $600 premium worth it for the flat bed on the longer 11h sector?
Round trip? Most definitely. One way, maybe.
moondog is online now  
Old Apr 13, 18, 1:45 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: KHH, FUK, SNA
Programs: BR, UA 1k, CX
Posts: 1,180
Originally Posted by Anish View Post
I have to fly from India-LAX-India next month and my options are China Airlines in PE+J (DEL-TPE is J and TPE-LAX is PE) ($1600) or Air China in all the way in J ($2200).

How easy is transit in PEK vs TPE and is the $600 premium worth it for the flat bed on the longer 11h sector?
Its worth the extra money, but of note transit in Beijing is not so easy as you go have immigration check 9at times 30+min wait)and full security vs. TPE no immigration and light security check. PEK-DEL is more subject to delays(PEK airport in general) so hope there is few hours (at least 2hours, 3 is better) tranisit time.
Taipei is offline  
Old Apr 13, 18, 2:38 am
  #4  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 33,380
Originally Posted by Taipei View Post
Its worth the extra money, but of note transit in Beijing is not so easy as you go have immigration check 9at times 30+min wait)and full security vs. TPE no immigration and light security check. PEK-DEL is more subject to delays(PEK airport in general) so hope there is few hours (at least 2hours, 3 is better) tranisit time.
Intra-T3 transfers at PEK are actually pretty easy now.
moondog is online now  
Old Apr 13, 18, 9:39 am
  #5  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Goa, India
Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,006
Thanks for the info Taipei and moondog! Just to be clear, I do not need a transit visa for this itinerary, correct? I hold an Indian passport.
Anish is offline  
Old Apr 13, 18, 10:28 am
  #6  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 33,380
Originally Posted by Anish View Post
Thanks for the info Taipei and moondog! Just to be clear, I do not need a transit visa for this itinerary, correct? I hold an Indian passport.
No.
moondog is online now  
Old Apr 14, 18, 5:52 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: CAN, LAX, TPE
Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
Posts: 2,767
Business typically wins hands down if the difference is $600 for R/T. You just need to hope PEK is working normally when you are there with no delay.
coolfish1103 is offline  
Old Apr 15, 18, 7:25 am
  #8  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Goa, India
Programs: Vistara Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold
Posts: 1,006
Went ahead and booked CA. Fingers crossed! Many thanks to everybody for the advice.
Anish is offline  
Old Apr 17, 18, 12:00 pm
  #9  
Suspended
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: HKG
Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,959
Good luck
tpe is by far a safer airport to connect in and travel to.

As for peking, good luck. They never tell you whats happening there.
kaka is offline  
Old Apr 17, 18, 6:34 pm
  #10  
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 7,167
Originally Posted by Anish View Post
Went ahead and booked CA. Fingers crossed! Many thanks to everybody for the advice.
Good choice. Donít worry about the transit in PEK youíll be fine and CA biz is much much better than CI premium economy.
Anish likes this.
travelinmanS is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: