FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Other Asian, Australian, and South Pacific Airlines (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines-470/)
-   -   China Airlines PE vs Air China Biz (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other-asian-australian-south-pacific-airlines/1903513-china-airlines-pe-vs-air-china-biz.html)

Anish Apr 11, 2018 9:32 pm

China Airlines PE vs Air China Biz

I have to fly from India-LAX-India next month and my options are China Airlines in PE+J (DEL-TPE is J and TPE-LAX is PE) ($1600) or Air China in all the way in J ($2200).

How easy is transit in PEK vs TPE and is the $600 premium worth it for the flat bed on the longer 11h sector?

moondog Apr 12, 2018 1:20 am

Originally Posted by Anish (Post 29630733)
I have to fly from India-LAX-India next month and my options are China Airlines in PE+J (DEL-TPE is J and TPE-LAX is PE) ($1600) or Air China in all the way in J ($2200).

How easy is transit in PEK vs TPE and is the $600 premium worth it for the flat bed on the longer 11h sector?

Round trip? Most definitely. One way, maybe.

Taipei Apr 13, 2018 12:45 am

Originally Posted by Anish (Post 29630733)

Its worth the extra money, but of note transit in Beijing is not so easy as you go have immigration check 9at times 30+min wait)and full security vs. TPE no immigration and light security check. PEK-DEL is more subject to delays(PEK airport in general) so hope there is few hours (at least 2hours, 3 is better) tranisit time.

moondog Apr 13, 2018 1:38 am

Originally Posted by Taipei (Post 29635062)
Its worth the extra money, but of note transit in Beijing is not so easy as you go have immigration check 9at times 30+min wait)and full security vs. TPE no immigration and light security check. PEK-DEL is more subject to delays(PEK airport in general) so hope there is few hours (at least 2hours, 3 is better) tranisit time.

Intra-T3 transfers at PEK are actually pretty easy now.

Anish Apr 13, 2018 8:39 am

Thanks for the info Taipei and moondog! Just to be clear, I do not need a transit visa for this itinerary, correct? I hold an Indian passport.

moondog Apr 13, 2018 9:28 am

Originally Posted by Anish (Post 29636092)
Thanks for the info Taipei and moondog! Just to be clear, I do not need a transit visa for this itinerary, correct? I hold an Indian passport.

No.

coolfish1103 Apr 14, 2018 4:52 am

Business typically wins hands down if the difference is $600 for R/T. You just need to hope PEK is working normally when you are there with no delay.

Anish Apr 15, 2018 6:25 am

Went ahead and booked CA. Fingers crossed! Many thanks to everybody for the advice.

kaka Apr 17, 2018 11:00 am

Good luck
tpe is by far a safer airport to connect in and travel to.

As for peking, good luck. They never tell you whats happening there.

travelinmanS Apr 17, 2018 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by Anish (Post 29642250)
Went ahead and booked CA. Fingers crossed! Many thanks to everybody for the advice.

Good choice. Don’t worry about the transit in PEK you’ll be fine and CA biz is much much better than CI premium economy.